Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old April 16th 04, 07:02 PM
ASCACHESS
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

With 1264 players, the Dallas National High School Championship is down
approximately 10% from last year's numbers.

Coming on the heels of the 20% drop in attendance at the usually rock solid
National Elementary, this more than 100 player drop must be a financial
disappointment to the office.

However, this cannot be unexpected.

Local organizations are beginning to realize that the national scholastics
coming to town holds little financial incentive for them.
The local organizations are expected to provide the workers but USCF keeps all
the money, then leaves town.
Local organizations are rebelling and as a result, USCF's costs to import out
of state directors is skyrocketing. The poorly run and understaffed National
Elementary in Pittsburgh is an excellent example.

USCF President Beatriz Marinello pioneered the USCF as carpetbagger concept.
Marinello claimed that last year's spring national scholastics made over
$100,000 for USCF, but there is nothing to back this claim as USCF's expenses
and poor business planning likely more than wiped out Marinello's $100,000 of
income claim.

Texas has the largest state scholastics in the nation with over 1800 players at
their state championships.

With the National Junior High School scheduled for Tucson, another scholastic
hotbed, it will be interesting to see if the downward "growth" trend continues.

Richard Peterson
  #2   Report Post  
Old April 16th 04, 07:45 PM
Ron Suarez
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

On 16 Apr 2004 18:02:13 GMT, (ASCACHESS) wrote:

With 1264 players, the Dallas National High School Championship is down
approximately 10% from last year's numbers.

Coming on the heels of the 20% drop in attendance at the usually rock solid
National Elementary, this more than 100 player drop must be a financial
disappointment to the office.

However, this cannot be unexpected.

Local organizations are beginning to realize that the national scholastics
coming to town holds little financial incentive for them.
The local organizations are expected to provide the workers but USCF keeps all
the money, then leaves town.
Local organizations are rebelling and as a result, USCF's costs to import out
of state directors is skyrocketing. The poorly run and understaffed National
Elementary in Pittsburgh is an excellent example.

USCF President Beatriz Marinello pioneered the USCF as carpetbagger concept.
Marinello claimed that last year's spring national scholastics made over
$100,000 for USCF, but there is nothing to back this claim as USCF's expenses
and poor business planning likely more than wiped out Marinello's $100,000 of
income claim.

Texas has the largest state scholastics in the nation with over 1800 players at
their state championships.

With the National Junior High School scheduled for Tucson, another scholastic
hotbed, it will be interesting to see if the downward "growth" trend continues.

Richard Peterson


....News Flash... And now this from our news correspondent with no
personal interest in scholastic chess whatsoever, Richard Peterson...

What a bunch of crap, Richard!

You obviously would love to see the USCF roll over and die when it
comes to any chess activity, let alone Scholastics where you are
actively competing with them.

You are making statements about local organizations that show no merit
in fact, just your opinions and wishes. Just because there is a one
year drop in census for the scholastic tournaments, you herald this is
a true sign that the USCF is dyng completely.

Were you at the Pittsburgh Championship? You make the broad
generalization that it was poorly run and understaffed. Do you have
actual proof of this or are we supposed to take your word that you, as
a qualified professional, know this to be true and that makes it so?

What a effete criminal you truly are.

Ron Suarez
  #3   Report Post  
Old April 16th 04, 10:21 PM
Tom Klem
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

It just cracks me up to see this kind of brain dead post by Ron Suarez.

In spite of all the evidence of stark criminality at USCF headquarters over
the last eight or nine years (and I'm not talking about the help here), Ron
gets on here and blames the victim of the arch criminals.

Kool Aid anyone?

Tom Klem
"The Flys, have conquered the Fly paper"

"Ron Suarez" wrote in message
news
On 16 Apr 2004 18:02:13 GMT, (ASCACHESS) wrote:

With 1264 players, the Dallas National High School Championship is down
approximately 10% from last year's numbers.

Coming on the heels of the 20% drop in attendance at the usually rock

solid
National Elementary, this more than 100 player drop must be a financial
disappointment to the office.

However, this cannot be unexpected.

Local organizations are beginning to realize that the national

scholastics
coming to town holds little financial incentive for them.
The local organizations are expected to provide the workers but USCF

keeps all
the money, then leaves town.
Local organizations are rebelling and as a result, USCF's costs to import

out
of state directors is skyrocketing. The poorly run and understaffed

National
Elementary in Pittsburgh is an excellent example.

USCF President Beatriz Marinello pioneered the USCF as carpetbagger

concept.
Marinello claimed that last year's spring national scholastics made over
$100,000 for USCF, but there is nothing to back this claim as USCF's

expenses
and poor business planning likely more than wiped out Marinello's

$100,000 of
income claim.

Texas has the largest state scholastics in the nation with over 1800

players at
their state championships.

With the National Junior High School scheduled for Tucson, another

scholastic
hotbed, it will be interesting to see if the downward "growth" trend

continues.

Richard Peterson


...News Flash... And now this from our news correspondent with no
personal interest in scholastic chess whatsoever, Richard Peterson...

What a bunch of crap, Richard!

You obviously would love to see the USCF roll over and die when it
comes to any chess activity, let alone Scholastics where you are
actively competing with them.

You are making statements about local organizations that show no merit
in fact, just your opinions and wishes. Just because there is a one
year drop in census for the scholastic tournaments, you herald this is
a true sign that the USCF is dyng completely.

Were you at the Pittsburgh Championship? You make the broad
generalization that it was poorly run and understaffed. Do you have
actual proof of this or are we supposed to take your word that you, as
a qualified professional, know this to be true and that makes it so?

What a effete criminal you truly are.

Ron Suarez



  #4   Report Post  
Old April 16th 04, 10:42 PM
Ron Suarez
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:21:18 -0700, "Tom Klem"
wrote:

It just cracks me up to see this kind of brain dead post by Ron Suarez.

In spite of all the evidence of stark criminality at USCF headquarters over
the last eight or nine years (and I'm not talking about the help here), Ron
gets on here and blames the victim of the arch criminals.

Kool Aid anyone?

Tom Klem

Let's see Tom:

1. Richard runs a business that directly competes with the USCF in its
scholastic activities.

2. Richard has recently run a tournament in a style that directly
went against the written rules of the USCF and then started to sue the
USCF because they didn't let him get away with it.

3. Richard also has a history less than accurate dealings with the
USCF in 1999. He did not "win" any victory over the USCF in his legal
battles over that scenario.

4. You call alll of the people, with a broad stroke, that work at the
USCF criminals with no hard evidence whatsoever. The only evidence
that I know of is that you side with this Vaughn guy that was
disbanded from the USCF for some scurrious business dealings. You
have shown yourself in your postings on this group as a disgruntled
member/former-member-wanna-be/whatever.

Taking all of the above into consideration I would not call your
posting brain dead as you called mine. No, yours would be called
brain-less, which means without, void of, not having, a brain, you
namby pamby sycophant.

Ron Suarez
  #5   Report Post  
Old April 16th 04, 11:28 PM
ASCACHESS
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

You obviously would love to see the USCF roll over and die when it
comes to any chess activity, let alone Scholastics where you are
actively competing with them.

You are making statements about local organizations that show no merit
in fact, just your opinions and
wishes.


Ron Suarez


Ratings, magazine, chess rules.
That is all USCF should be.
That's all folks. No politicians.

After defending the undefendable Mr Camaratta on more than one occasion, it is
certainly no surprise to see Suarez taking up this "cause".

When USCF ran the National Elementary in Portland, the locals would not
participate in the organizational aspect because USCF was keeping everything.
As a result, USCF ended up paying thousands more just to staff the event.

You ask, was I in Pittsburgh?
No I was not.
But I was told Pittsburgh was understaffed by one of the best scholastic
coaches in the country.
The information was volunteered to me.
Certainly, I would take his word over political press agent Suarez.

By the way, how bad was the direction in Pittsburgh?
At the blitz championship, parents were actually asked if they wanted a to stay
up past midnight to have the kids play the last round.
I guess the joke is on Suarez.

The scholastic programs all over the country are figuring out the consequences
of USCF taking over the National Scholastics in total.
Instead of a local windfall with local input and large local participations,
the money all carpetbags out of town.
While the state championships are still growing, USCF nationals may have seen
its best days.

I am all for loyalty to USCF, but let's face it, USCF politicians are killing
the organization.

Rp


  #6   Report Post  
Old April 17th 04, 01:59 AM
Tom Klem
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

So Ron,

You're saying that the USCF _should_ be in competition with Richard
Peterson??

How, may I ask your Kool Aid laden brain, does that work for the USCF?

Hmmmm. Let me see. The organization that writes and enforces the rules is in
competition with it's subjects.

You say I give no proof. You are obviously new here, or like the folks who
drank the Cynanide laced Kool Aid in Guiana, you have decided that whatever
the cost, it's "My USCF---(w/R)ight or Wrong". Take a look at my several
hundred posts on Google for the heads up you musta missed when it counted.
When we _all_ needed you.

Tom Klem

"Ron Suarez" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:21:18 -0700, "Tom Klem"
wrote:

It just cracks me up to see this kind of brain dead post by Ron Suarez.

In spite of all the evidence of stark criminality at USCF headquarters

over
the last eight or nine years (and I'm not talking about the help here),

Ron
gets on here and blames the victim of the arch criminals.

Kool Aid anyone?

Tom Klem

Let's see Tom:

1. Richard runs a business that directly competes with the USCF in its
scholastic activities.

2. Richard has recently run a tournament in a style that directly
went against the written rules of the USCF and then started to sue the
USCF because they didn't let him get away with it.

3. Richard also has a history less than accurate dealings with the
USCF in 1999. He did not "win" any victory over the USCF in his legal
battles over that scenario.

4. You call alll of the people, with a broad stroke, that work at the
USCF criminals with no hard evidence whatsoever. The only evidence
that I know of is that you side with this Vaughn guy that was
disbanded from the USCF for some scurrious business dealings. You
have shown yourself in your postings on this group as a disgruntled
member/former-member-wanna-be/whatever.

Taking all of the above into consideration I would not call your
posting brain dead as you called mine. No, yours would be called
brain-less, which means without, void of, not having, a brain, you
namby pamby sycophant.

Ron Suarez



  #7   Report Post  
Old April 17th 04, 03:03 AM
Ron Suarez
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:59:48 -0700, "Tom Klem"
wrote:

Yes Tom, it is obvious that the evil empire of the USCF has attacked
you and yours when you all were obviously defenseless.

Me, I just sit here watching the Saturday morning cartoons, drinking
my Kool Aid. You? Need me? How could weak and harmless little me
fight against the evil empire and its minions?!?!?

The USCF existed before Richard Peterson. The USCF is not competing
against him. He's competing against the USCF and trying to capitalize
on its existence and activities.

Sure, in the "old days" the USCF obviously attacked you and innocent
Stan Vaughn. Vaughn was the lucky one. They got rid of him. Poor
Tom, you were kept in the group to be tortured and have your face
constantly rubbed in it. You had and presently have no individual
choice in the matter. You were forced to just sit there and take it,
helpless little thing that you are. They obviously broke laws, but
had the Fed's on their side to look the other way, you poor oppressed
schmuck. Why don't you take up bowling? That may be something that
would suit your tastes and intellect (lack of it) better than chess.

Poor Richard should start an almanac, listing his travails and
persecutions. That would show 'em!

Ron Suarez
  #8   Report Post  
Old April 17th 04, 03:17 AM
ASCACHESS
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

The USCF existed before Richard Peterson. The USCF is not competing
against him. He's competing against the USCF and trying to capitalize
on its existence and activities.


ron suarez


Hmmm.
Given Sam Sloan.
Given Eric Johnson.
Given Don Schultz.
That has to be the stupidest statement I have ever seen in the rgcp.

"USCF is not competing against him" (Richard Peterson).
Given this triumph of your logic, I guess that when USCF stole the format of
the All America Cup, they weren't competing.

USCF makes whatever rules it likes, but they aren't competing.

Guffaw, guffaw.

Richard Peterson


  #10   Report Post  
Old April 17th 04, 06:17 AM
RMille9601
 
Posts: n/a
Default National HS Down 10%, Perception of Carpetbagging

I was in Portland for part of National Elem. I saw lots of Oregon TD's helping
run the event. I believe USCF paid Portland CC a lot of money for their help.

Russell Miller at beatuiful Lake Chelan WA
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Days to Go National HS Under 1000 ASCACHESS rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 14 April 15th 04 09:17 PM
National Rating Service via State Associations RSHaas rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 59 March 11th 04 03:21 PM
Facts on Olympic Committee Support for Chess Jeremy Spinrad rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 258 January 2nd 04 02:09 AM
Peterson Lawsuit Don Mihokovich rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 33 August 29th 03 05:08 AM
How a former USCF ED became a national master Miriling rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 3 August 26th 03 05:44 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017