Old October 24th 12, 12:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Stan Vaughan in North Carolina

Mr. Fuerstman,

I can testify personally to the veracity of your comments. I am Mike Petersen, and I am a USCF Life Master living in Florida. In the late 70's I was the one who successfully pursued Stan Vaughan for his activities in Central Florida chess. He did exactly the same thing here that you reported in your area. He even once turned in a rating report where he allegedly played an 11-game match with Senior Master Miles Ardaman, winning it by the bogus score of 7-4. I was instrumental in getting Mr. Ardaman to sign an affidavit stating that no such match ever took place. Stan was banned in Florida chess as a result of this and other similar acts which, frankly, occurred too long ago for me to accurately recall in detail.

So, while you have evoked less than stellar memories in me about this individual, I felt incumbant to stand behind your statement.

Stan Vaughan is bad for chess. Period.

Regards,
Mike Petersen, USCF Life Master