Old April 20th 04, 09:13 PM
The Masked Bishop

Default PECHAC!!

Say it loud, say it proud. PECHAC!

Coming soon...
Old April 21st 04, 02:55 AM
The Masked Bishop

A short concordance, for the uninitiated:

Pechacology: the scientific study of things Pechac

Pechacist: an advocate of the ancient cult of Pechacism (the belief in
the ultimate wisdom of Pechac).

Pechacoria: fabled, probably mythical country of origin of Pechac

Pechacese: original language of Pechac, now lost, except for a few stray
inscriptions in New Windsor ruins

Pechavallo: monstrous hybrid of Pechac and Cavallo: sterile

Pechacasaurus: ancient reptile, linked via evolutionary adaptations to
the modern Pechac.

Old April 21st 04, 02:31 PM

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:13:12 GMT, The Masked Bishop
wrote:

Say it loud, say it proud. PECHAC!

Coming soon...

I supported Pechac for election in 1999 but I will never support him
again.

He joined the Redman Gang and backed Redman is many destructive
ventures from which the USCF has never recovered and possibly never
will.

His most remarkably stupid statemenmt came during the 2001 USCF
Finance Committee Workshop in Framingham in which he stated that now
that we have cut expenses by reducing sales staff and inventory we can
be profitable.

I asked "How can we be profitable when we have nothing left to sell?"

He just could not understand the question and had no answer.

Old April 22nd 04, 01:07 AM
Roger

wrote:

Say it loud, say it proud. PECHAC!

Coming soon...

I supported Pechac for election in 1999 but I will never support him
again.

He joined the Redman Gang and backed Redman is many destructive
ventures from which the USCF has never recovered and possibly never
will.

His most remarkably stupid statemenmt came during the 2001 USCF
Finance Committee Workshop in Framingham in which he stated that now
that we have cut expenses by reducing sales staff and inventory we can
be profitable.

I asked "How can we be profitable when we have nothing left to sell?"

He just could not understand the question and had no answer.

Sam Sloan

Sam,

The problem with your logic is that you are assuming that staff
members and all items in inventory are 'equal', which is clearly not
the case. It is quite possible to reduce staffing and inventory and
end up with a stronger business.

For example, It is much better to have 2 highly qualified employees
doing a job than to have 4 underqualified employees do it half-assed.

The same is true about inventory. The USCF could/should have reduced
the number of items it carries, focusing on those that have the
highest profit margins and those that are in the highest demand. But
instead, the USCF historically tries to carry every product under the
sun and ends up with a warehouse of items that just sit there and
collects dust. Anyone remember the Star Wars Chess Computer?
Millennium Chess? 4-Way Chess? I'd be amazed if the USCF sold any of
these stinkers.

With books, it is even worse. I've heard rumors that there are
literally thousands of books in the USCF warehouse, by people like
Kopec and Shiller, that the USCF can't even give away. These are books
the USCF wasted countless tens of thousands of dollars on. How is
having them sit there, just to have more inventory, better for the
USCF?

Look at it this way.. Chess Cafe has a smaller warehouse and less
staff than the USCF, but yet he's handling both the USCF sales and his
own sales.

Maybe Pechac was right?

Roger
Old April 22nd 04, 01:13 AM