Old April 26th 04, 05:39 PM
D. B. Rea

Default USCF not interested in members' questions?

At least twice since the USCF pulled the 2nd Quarter balance sheet off
their website in January
(http://www.uschess.org/org/govern/reports_index.html), I have posted a
question on their "contact us" web page
(http://www.uschess.org/about/contact.php). Both times I have gotten this
as their ONLY response-

"Thank you
Thank you for your message. Someone will answer it within the next few
business days."

Since they don't seem to reply to members' questions, anybody have any
inside knowledge of when they might post their 2nd Q. and 3rd Q.
financials? Or is there a new policy of keeping this information private
and just publishing the annual financial information? Anyone know what's
happening in New Windsor?

Dan Rea
Old April 26th 04, 06:18 PM
Mike Nolan

"D. B. Rea" writes:

Since they don't seem to reply to members' questions, anybody have any
inside knowledge of when they might post their 2nd Q. and 3rd Q.
financials? Or is there a new policy of keeping this information private
and just publishing the annual financial information? Anyone know what's
happening in New Windsor?

Well, they fired the CFO last week, that should tell you something.

If you have questions about the financials, I suggest you address them
to the Board (specifically the VP-Finance) rather than to staff, most of
whom have NOTHING to do with the preparation of the financials. Sending
multiple messages to every option on the contact form isn't likely to
improve the response rate.

Let me quote from a message sent to one of the feedback addresses over
the weekend: WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING WITH RATINGS??

Now, if you were working at the USCF office and found that in your inbox,
would you be eager to respond?
--
Mike Nolan
Old April 26th 04, 08:19 PM
Angelo DePalma

"Mike Nolan" wrote

Well, they fired the CFO last week, that should tell you something.

So Ken lasted...thirteen minutes as CFO? Geez, did he steal someone's lunch?

Angelo

Old April 26th 04, 11:12 PM
Recmate

Subject: USCF not interested in members' questions?
From: "D. B. Rea"
Date: 4/26/2004 12:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
(
http://www.uschess.org/org/govern/reports_index.html), I have posted a
question on their "contact us" web page
(http://www.uschess.org/about/contact.php). Both times I have gotten this
as their ONLY response-

"Thank you
Thank you for your message. Someone will answer it within the next few
business days."

Since they don't seem to reply to members' questions, anybody have any
inside knowledge of when they might post their 2nd Q. and 3rd Q.
financials? Or is there a new policy of keeping this information private
and just publishing the annual financial information? Anyone know what's
happening in New Windsor?

Dan Rea

The second quarter income statement and balance sheet were taken down for
corrections, and by mistake only the corrected income statement was reposted. I
will try to have the corrected balance sheet reposted tomorrow.

The third quarter financials are in draft form and will be posted after being
checked for errors, hopefully very soon.

Bill Goichberg
Old April 27th 04, 12:52 AM
StanB

"D. B. Rea" wrote in message

At least twice since the USCF pulled the 2nd Quarter balance sheet off
their website in January
(http://www.uschess.org/org/govern/reports_index.html), I have posted a
question on their "contact us" web page
(http://www.uschess.org/about/contact.php). Both times I have gotten this
as their ONLY response-

"Thank you
Thank you for your message. Someone will answer it within the next few
business days."

Since they don't seem to reply to members' questions, anybody have any
inside knowledge of when they might post their 2nd Q. and 3rd Q.
financials? Or is there a new policy of keeping this information private
and just publishing the annual financial information? Anyone know what's
happening in New Windsor?

If you find out, let me know. I'm no longer involved.

StanB

Old April 27th 04, 01:17 AM
Matt Nemmers

"StanB" wrote in message

"D. B. Rea" wrote in message

[...]

What????!!

Surely you jest....

Regards,

Matt

Old April 27th 04, 01:48 AM
GrantPerks

If you find out, let me know. I'm no longer involved.

StanB

Sorry to hear of this Stan. You were a great asset to the federation.

Best,
Grant P
Old April 27th 04, 02:43 AM
HAASpittle

"So Ken lasted...thirteen minutes as CFO? Geez, did he steal someone's lunch?"
(Angelo)
==============
What is the story behind the revolving door at the CFO position?

Haas
Old April 27th 04, 02:54 AM
ASCACHESS

If you find out, let me know. I'm no longer involved.

StanB

Sorry to hear of this Stan. You were a great asset to the federation.

Best,
Grant P

Stop that Grant!
I am not kidding.
Those remaining idiots are not the federation, we, the members, are.

By adopting the attitude that by refusing to go along with the personal agendas
of the old guard in their many manifestations makes you a loss to the
federation is wrong.
Withdrawing allows you to maintain your integrity and live to fight another
day.

How many good people beat their heads against the rockhead old guard and then
just quit the whole process in frustration.

We have crooks on our board. We have/had self serving individuals both on our
board and in the office. We have a couple people on the board who are
basically good, but don't have the cojones to stand up to the personalities of
the fools who have bankrupted us. I am not sure which is worse: the crooks,
the self servers, or the weak.

From my point of view, the USCF is not those people above. Those people are
either pathetic or parasites.
We can only hope USCF can survive them until they go away once and for all.

Richard Peterson