Old April 30th 04, 07:17 PM

Default Sam Sloan's 500 Words Candidates Statement (This is not final. I will finalize it tomorrow.)

Sam Sloan's 500 Words Candidates Statement (This is not final. I will
finalize it tomorrow.)

The USCF was founded in 1939. For 60 long years, the federation
struggled, often on the brink of collapse. Finally, however, the USCF
reached its peak in 1999. In that year, it had $6.5 million in sales,
more than 90,000 members and a reserve of $2 million.

At that point, the federation insiders decided that their long wait
had come to an end and now was the time to put their hot hands
directly on the money. They changed the name of their body from the
Policy Board to the Executive Board and they stopped confining
themselves to policy decisions and instead started to manage the
day-to-day affairs of the corporation. On a flimsy pretext, they filed
the professional manager who had been running the corporation and
replaced him with their flunky.

The result? Sales dropped like a stone. Services were drastically cut.
Adult members fled. By year end 2002, sales had dropped from $ 6.5
million to $.4.5 million and more than one million dollars had been
lost.

Then, for one brief shining moment, a new group came in, determined to
reinvigorate the books and equipment business, which accounted for a
majority of the sales. B&E sales increased from $1.8 million to $2.8
million in just one year and the USCF was on the road to financial
recovery.

That is until a new group was elected in August 2003, led by a
vindictive former employee. In their first day in office, 17 staff
members were ordered to be fired and the new plan was to "1. Get Rid
of the Books & Equipment Business" which was the very business which
had brought most of the revenues and profits to the USCF. All services
were cut or reduced. The explanation offered by the new president was:
"We need to drive away the people who has been milking the USCF for
many years."

Drive away which people? What money? What years? The new president
writes: "Since August our Board has been demonstrating a hands-on
approach."

This is the problem, not the solution. Our LMA Bank Account, which in
1999 held more than one million dollars in cash and equivalent, is now
down to ten dollars!!!

The solution. The Executive Board, which consists entirely of
volunteers who have never run a business themselves, needs to go back
to volunteering and to stop trying to run a corporation which they
have no capability or competence to run. We need to return the
management of the USCF to serious business people who know how to run
a business.

Sam Sloan

P.S. Sorry for the bad news.

Old May 1st 04, 06:32 PM
Louis Blair

... they filed the professional manager ...

_
Where did they file him?
Old May 1st 04, 07:03 PM
Terry

"Louis Blair" wrote in message
senet.com...
... they filed the professional manager ...

_
Where did they file him?

LOL

Old May 1st 04, 10:00 PM

On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:32:55 GMT, Louis Blair
wrote:

... they filed the professional manager ...

_
Where did they file him?

Thank you so very much for pointing out this error.

This almost made it into Chess Life, but thanks to you I caught it
just in time.