Old May 4th 04, 02:44 PM
Goran Tomic

Default Observations concerning Ken Albin

I try to find some chess facts about Ken Albin. I didn't find any
information that he ever played chess. You can look on his web site
http://userpages.aug.com/albink/us.htm. There are music page, photo of Mr.
Ken Albin in shorts, his wife Karen, love story... his pets: Sir Francis of
Albin, Tommy Cat, Miss Kitty, Daddycat etc. There was a bit strange
humanization of animals. But there is no any information that he played
chess in the past (or that he plays chess today).

The question is: What does Mr. Ken Albin seek on this chess newsgroup? Isn't
it more naturally that he find and write on some animal's newsgroup?

I wouldn't like to offend him but I suggest him to put off this sentences
from his web site:

Yeah, I know. Wrong sex, wrong species.

I suggest again Mr. Ken Albin to leave this chess newsgroup. He will find
more satisfaction on cat's newsgroup, or newsgroups for pets.

Or he can go on Eric's "Summer camp" to learn chess?

Goran Tomic

Old May 5th 04, 03:10 AM
Nick

"Goran Tomic" wrote in
message ...
I try to find some chess facts about Ken Albin. I didn't find any
information that he ever played chess. You can look on his web site
http://userpages.aug.com/albink/us.htm. There are music page, photo of
Mr. Ken Albin in shorts, his wife Karen, love story... his pets: Sir Francis
of Albin, Tommy Cat, Miss Kitty, Daddycat etc. There was a bit strange
humanization of animals. But there is no any information that he played
chess in the past (or that he plays chess today).

Here's the USCF membership record of "Kenneth W Albin" (1828 USCF) of Florida:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10770785

I suspect that I have played chess (on the internet) with Ken Albin.

--Nick
Old May 5th 04, 05:42 AM
Goran Tomic

"Nick" wrote in message
om...

Here's the USCF membership record of "Kenneth W Albin" (1828 USCF) of

Florida:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10770785

Kenneth or Ken?

Old May 5th 04, 11:31 PM
Nick

"Goran Tomic" wrote in
message ...
"Nick" wrote in
message om...
Here's the USCF membership record of "Kenneth W Albin" (1828 USCF)
of Florida:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10770785

Kenneth or Ken?

Mr Tomic, in the normal English usage of names, 'Kenneth' is the
formal name, and 'Ken' is a well-accepted informal substitute for it.
I suspect that Mr Albin would call himself 'Ken', not 'Kenneth', in
most common everyday usage because someone who would insist on calling
himself 'Kenneth' all the time could be perceived as pretentious.

Given that *both* 'Ken Albin', the writer in chess newsgroups, and
'Kenneth W Albin', the USCF member (rated 1828), are known to live
in Florida, I suspect that it would be too much of a coincidence
*if* they really were different persons. So I believe that Ken Albin
really is 'Kenneth W Albin' (USCF 1828), who can indeed play chess.

--Nick
Old May 6th 04, 02:55 AM
NoMoreChess

..
Goran, you are getting *nowhere* with the insinuations that Ken Albin does
not really play chess.

Therefore we suggest a new strategy: zero-in on the peculiar behavior of Sir
Francis and Tommy cat. If you can, try to cleverly insinuate that this
bizzarre love affair may be the sad result of these animals being in "very
close contact" with Ken Albin -- a "suspected homosexual/felinephilobe. Don't
miss the opportunity to point out that, of all the Albin family cats, only one
is female. It couldn't hurt to also imply that the rabbit is no doubt so
"confused" because of the "peculiar" behavior of Ken Albin, etc., etc.

PS: Don't worry, even after these new, baseless attacks are brushed aside
(like the one about not being a chessplayer), we will by then have concocted
yet another strategy of attack. Right now, the team is leaning toward the idea
of somehow connecting Albin with the infamous troll, Jason Repa.

But there is no any information that he played
chess in the past (or that he plays chess today).

PPS: Fool! You implied that there is no evidence on his website, but then
carelessly provided a convenient link, whereupon even the dullards who dominate
on the chess newsgroups can easily see for themselves his reference to playing
chess as a hobby! Why a criminal genius like me has to surround himself with
imbeciles like you, is an unfathomable question....

Old May 6th 04, 06:07 AM
Goran Tomic

"Nick" wrote in message
om...

Given that *both* 'Ken Albin', the writer in chess newsgroups, and
'Kenneth W Albin', the USCF member (rated 1828), are known to live
in Florida, I suspect that it would be too much of a coincidence
*if* they really were different persons. So I believe that Ken Albin
really is 'Kenneth W Albin' (USCF 1828), who can indeed play chess.

--Nick

I'm not sure, because on his web site he got his name like Ken Albin. If he
is Kenneth W. Albin why did he get wrong name? It's not very often on
homepages. It's the same if somebody named me on Serbian language Goranovic
Tomo, or Goranovic V. Tomovic, or Tomo S. Goranovic. By the way, there are
several Goran Tomic. Who is real? So, if somebody get the real name, you can
be confused, but if he get wrong name it's impossible to find what's his
chess qualifications to write on chess newsgroup. He has (and had) to
publish his real name on his personal web site.
I still believe that Ken Albin doesn't play chess and never played in the
past (It doesn't imply to push the pieces in the free games). Because there
are no evidence on internet, nor in chess books.

Goran Tomic

Old May 6th 04, 07:17 AM
Doctor SBD

Goran -

Either Ken or Kenneth is correct, just as you might find me listed as Steve or
Steven.

Your argument as to Ken's identity just makes you look ignorant. But you do
that well, don't you?

SBD
Old May 6th 04, 08:23 AM
Goran Tomic

"Doctor SBD" wrote in message
Goran -

Either Ken or Kenneth is correct, just as you might find me listed as

Steve or
Steven.

Your argument as to Ken's identity just makes you look ignorant. But you

do
that well, don't you?

SBD

Thanks for explanation.

Goric Toman

Old May 6th 04, 11:23 AM
Goran Tomic

"NoMoreChess" or "Chess' wrote in
message

Why a criminal genius like me has to surround himself with
imbeciles like you, is an unfathomable question....

What have you against imbeciles?

Best wishes,
Goran Tomic

Old May 7th 04, 12:57 AM
Nick

"Goran Tomic" wrote in
message ...
"Nick" wrote in
message om...
Given that *both* 'Ken Albin', the writer in chess newsgroups, and
'Kenneth W Albin', the USCF member (rated 1828), are known to live
in Florida, I suspect that it would be too much of a coincidence
*if* they really were different persons. So I believe that Ken Albin
really is 'Kenneth W Albin' (USCF 1828), who can indeed play chess.

I'm not sure, because on his web site he got his name like Ken Albin.
If he is Kenneth W. Albin why did he get wrong name?

Mr Tomic, it's not the 'wrong name'. I already have explained to you
that 'Ken' is an informal name that's often substituted for 'Kenneth'.
For a related example, Mikhail Tal was informally called 'Mischa Tal', but
that did *not* imply that Mikhail Tal and Mischa Tal were different persons.

It's not very often on homepages. It's the same if somebody named me
on Serbian language Goranovic Tomo, or Goranovic V. Tomovic, or Tomo
S. Goranovic.

Mr Tomic, I am ready to accept that you know more than I do about naming
conventions in the Serbian language. Please accept that I know more than
you do about naming conventions in the English language(s).

By the way, there are several Goran Tomic. Who is real?

Given the sometimes apparently surreal nature of my exchanges with Goran
Tomic, I have begun to wonder whether the 'real' (*if* there's a 'real')
Goran Tomic could be a fictional character created by the mysterious 'they',
who allegedly 'killed world champion Alekhine, noble grandmaster Keres,
potential world chess champion Junge, and many other chess players'
(Goran Tomic's words of 1 May 2004). :-) (That was a joke.)

So, if somebody get the real name, you can be confused, but if he get wrong
name it's impossible to find what's his chess qualifications to write on
chess newsgroup.

As far as I can tell (sigh), a writer evidently does *not* need to have
*any* 'chess qualifications' in order to write in the chess newsgroups.

He has (and had) to publish his real name on his personal web site.

'Ken Albin' *is* 'his real name', though presumably not quite the same name,
'Kenneth Albin', to be found on legal documents such as his passport.

I still believe that Ken Albin doesn't play chess and never played
in the past (It doesn't imply to push the pieces in the free games).

'While I certainly believe he (Goran Tomic) is intelligent...'
--Ken Albin (3 May 2004, 'Observations concerning Goran Tomic')

I suspect that Ken Albin may have more reason now to doubt the extent
of Goran Tomic's intelligence.

Because there are no evidence on internet, nor in chess books.

I suspect that I have played chess (on the internet) with Ken Albin.
As far as I can recall, Mr Albin was a sportsmanlike player, whom I liked.

--Nick