Old May 14th 13, 12:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Roberts proposes USCF bylaw amendment

Dear Madam Executive Director:

I move to amend Article VI, Section 13 of the USCF bylaws to allow appeals for USCF members banned from posting to the USCF web site.

Article VI. Section 13. Website Access. …This includes the option of temporarily or permanently banning
an EB member or candidate from posting…

Amendment:

It is proposed that Article VI, Section 13, shall read

Section 13. Website Access. Executive Board members and candidates for the Executive Board are subject to the same rules, restrictions and sanctions as other USCF members with regards to information posted by them on the USCF website, such as in the USCF Forums. This includes the option of temporarily or permanently banning an EB member or candidate from posting. The Elections Committee may, at its discretion and convenience, post all candidate statements as they appear in Chess Life on the USCF website. However, all USCF members shall have a right to appeal any temporary or permanent ban from posting to the forums to the USCF Board of Delegates, with the effective date of any successful appeal being the date of meeting of the Board of Delegates. [Underlined, bold faced Text inserted as the amendment].

I am currently banned from posting to the USCF forums, without appeal. I object to this treatment.

Please tell me if you will accept this amendment in final forum with an overnight letter USPS Expressed mailed to you or your representative, and instruct me how to proceed with my proposed amendment to the USCF bylaws. The final version of the proposed bylaw amendment will be in writing from me to you or your representative to be placed on the Delegates advanced agenda.

Please respond with instructions as to how to place the proposed amendment on the bylaws, and how to appeal my current ban on posting to the forums.

Sincerely,

Marcus Roberts
Member, Board of Delegates, Texas
Old May 14th 13, 01:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:27:15 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

USCF Home arrowUSCF Forums arrowUSCF Issues arrowOne Topic
when is the ADM filing deadline for 2013

Moderator: Moderators
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Ambassador2 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 pm #249639
On what date is the filing deadline and who do I file with for Advanced Delegate's Motions (ADM's) for 2013?

Thanks

Marcus Roberts
Member, Board of Delegates, Texas

Ambassador2

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 pm
USCFId: 12421655

Top

Postby Allen on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm #249646
Cheryle Bruce in the office.

Generally the deadline is around the first of June. It will be annonced later and is usually based on printing deadlines. You can submit ADMs as early as you want.
Allen Priest

Delegate from Kentucky

Allen

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:29 pm
Location: Louisville, Ky
USCFId: 12874976

Top
Display posts from previous: Sort by
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to USCF Issues
Jump to:
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ambassador2, DENTONCHESS and 0 guests

Board index
Subscribe topic
Bookmark topic
The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 6 hours