Old May 24th 13, 10:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default The Unmentionable Polgar and Truong

I could be mistaken about this but as I recall Tim Redman sided with
those two unmentionable people at least for a long time.

He is certainly mistaken if he believes that they could have quietly
been convinced to leave.

At the mediation at the San Francisco Federal Courthouse in July
17-19, 2009, they were demanding that the USCF pay them $2 million. I
think they later came down to a million but never lower than that.

At the USCF Delegates meeting in Indianapolis they appeared with
counsel and argued for their reinstatement. There was certainly no
indication that they ever intended to leave voluntarily. They left
only when they finally realized that the USCF had no money.
Old May 25th 13, 09:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Friday, May 24, 2013 5:44:33 PM UTC-4, samsloan wrote:
I could be mistaken about this but as I recall Tim Redman sided with

those two unmentionable people at least for a long time.

Redman is from Texas. At that time, so were Polgar and Truong. Ignoring issues of character (as I cannot say what Redman knew about them, or when he may have known it), perhaps that seemed reason enough to treat with them.
Old May 26th 13, 02:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

It is to be recalled that a large part of the problems the USCF has
faced can be traced to over-moderation of the USCF Issues Forum during
the 2007 Election Campaign. There were a lot of questions and doubts
raised about that dynamic duo, Miss P and Mr. T, but the moderators
protected them. Miss P became known as "The Name that One Dare Not
Speak" without saying something favorable about her. It is to be
recalled that Mr. T claimed to be the manager of Billion Dollar
Companies but when asked to reveal the names of those companies the
moderators intervened in favor of him.

Had those of us who knew P and T well been allowed to tell members of
this group what we knew about them, Mr. T probably would not have been
elected (he squeaked in by a narrow margin anyway) and this entire
crisis would have been averted.

Old May 26th 13, 10:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sun, 26 May 2013 06:39:37 -0700 (PDT), samsloan
wrote:

It is to be recalled that a large part of the problems the USCF has
faced can be traced to over-moderation of the USCF Issues Forum during
the 2007 Election Campaign. There were a lot of questions and doubts
raised about that dynamic duo, Miss P and Mr. T, but the moderators
protected them. Miss P became known as "The Name that One Dare Not
Speak" without saying something favorable about her. It is to be
recalled that Mr. T claimed to be the manager of Billion Dollar
Companies but when asked to reveal the names of those companies the
moderators intervened in favor of him.

Had those of us who knew P and T well been allowed to tell members of
this group what we knew about them, Mr. T probably would not have been
elected (he squeaked in by a narrow margin anyway) and this entire
crisis would have been averted.

Sam Sloan

Why don't you just say what you want to say:

I HATE SUSAN POLGAR AND PAUL TROUNG.

Now why can't you do that instead of hiding behind all this I'm a
victim crap etc etc. Here I'll help you:

I'M INSANELY JEALOUS OF SUSAN POLGAR AND PAUL TROUNG.

In this way you don't have to spew your nonsense about your
sociopathic self induced psychosis of Paul and Susan. This may come
as a shock to you but Susan did win the woman's world chess
championship and was a former world champion which for some strange
psychotic belief you claim she didn't.

EZoto
Old May 26th 13, 10:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:39:37 AM UTC-5, samsloan wrote:
It is to be recalled that a large part of the problems the USCF has faced can be traced to over-moderation of the USCF Issues Forum during the 2007 Election Campaign. There were a lot of questions and doubts raised about that dynamic duo, Miss P and Mr. T, but the moderators protected them. Miss P became known as "The Name that One Dare Not Speak" without saying something favorable about her. It is to be recalled that Mr. T claimed to be the manager of Billion Dollar Companies but when asked to reveal the names of those companies the moderators intervened in favor of him. Had those of us who knew P and T well been allowed to tell members of this group what we knew about them, Mr. T probably would not have been elected (he squeaked in by a narrow margin anyway) and this entire crisis would have been averted. Sam Sloan

lol come on Sam since when has the USCF moderated issues forum been the thing that stops you from telling what you know (or don't know) about matters going on at USCF?

Old May 27th 13, 03:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:

It is to be recalled that a large part of the problems the USCF has
faced can be traced to over-moderation of the USCF Issues Forum during
the 2007 Election Campaign. There were a lot of questions and doubts
raised about that dynamic duo, Miss P and Mr. T, but the moderators
protected them. Miss P became known as "The Name that One Dare Not
Speak" without saying something favorable about her. It is to be
recalled that Mr. T claimed to be the manager of Billion Dollar
Companies but when asked to reveal the names of those companies the
moderators intervened in favor of him.

Had those of us who knew P and T well been allowed to tell members of
this group what we knew about them, Mr. T probably would not have been
elected (he squeaked in by a narrow margin anyway) and this entire
crisis would have been averted.

Sam Sloan

Which /crisis/ is that?

Secondly, none of the above groups are cens.. er, /moderated/..

..
Old May 27th 13, 12:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Payne
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
It is to be recalled that a
large part of the problems the USCF has faced can be traced to over-
moderation of this forum during the 2007 Election Campaign. There were
a lot of questions and doubts raised about that dynamic duo, Miss P
and Mr. T, but the moderators protected them. Miss P became known as
"The Name that One Dare Not Speak" without saying something favorable
about her. It is to be recalled that Mr. T claimed to be the manager
of Billion Dollar Companies but when asked to reveal the names of
those companies the moderators intervened in favor of him.

Had those of us who knew P and T well been allowed to tell members of
this group what we knew about them, Mr. T probably would not have been
elected (he squeaked in by a narrow margin anyway) and this entire
crisis would have been averted.
Well Sam,
Ya got one right. But this thread is about moderation concerning
Chuck Unruh. Who although I do not believe has the potential to be as
negative for the USCF as those you comment on. Is still far short
( home State history testifying) of the type Leadership the USCF is in
need of at this point in time.
H.A.Payne
Harry Paine (who posts twice as often as anybody else on this group)
hits rock bottom in his daily rants against Unruh when he says that,
bad as he is, Unruh is not quite as bad as Polgar and Truong.

I know zero about the long running dispute between the two Oklahoma
State Chess Federations but as far as I know Chuck Unruh has donated
huge amounts of his time and money to running scholastic chess events
in Oklahoma. I do not know if he is a volunteer or is in it for
profit.

I am sure that he puts a lot of time and money into chess.

The dynamic due (whose names are not allowed to be mentioned on the
forums) had a long history of extorting money from the USCF. For
example, they demanded to be paid $50,000 (fifty thousand dollars) for
training the United States Woman's Team for the Chess Olympics. Then
they told the players that they could not play on the United States
Team unless they participated in the training sessions. The chess
"training" consisted of Paul Truong telling the woman chess
grandmasters what to do during their menstrual periods. (This is
covered in the book "Chess Bitch" by one of those team members.)

As far as I know, this $50,000 was actually paid to Miss P and Mr. T.
The voting members should have been allowed to know about this.
However, at that time both the ED and the President were backing both
P and T in their race for the board. Thus, we who were familiar with
this issue about the $50,000 were not allowed by the moderators to
tell the membership about this.