Old August 8th 13, 11:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Petition for Rehearing in Sloan vs Szalkiewicz and Board of Electionsin the City of New York

SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
COUNTY OF NEW YORK

Sam Sloan,
Richard Bozulich,
Thomas R. Stevens,
Index No. 101087/13
Petitioners,

-against-

Daniel S. Szalkiewicz,
Salvatore G. Caruso,
Board of Elections in the City of New York,

Respondents.

AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF PETITION FOR REHEARING

STATE OF NEW YORK :
: SS
COUNTY OF NEW YORK :
Samuel H. Sloan, being duly sworn, deposes and says

1. I make this affidavit in support of a petition for rehearing. No prior application has been made for the relief requested herein except for those applications made at the hearing on August 5, 2013. Because I did not previously know what defenses would be made in opposition to my order to show cause, I did not know and could not have known that the Board of Elections would defend its actions based in its interpretation of Section 6-132 (2) of New York Election Law. Also, it did not appear that the court fully understood the facts and circumstances of this case. I want to preserve these issues for appeal, if necessary.

2. Here in summary are my objections to the decision of the Board of Elections in the City of New York dated July 31, 2013 to kick me and the two other candidates off the ballot.

3. The Specific Objections that resulted in me and two other candidates being thrown off the ballot were improperly filed and thus should not have been considered. Sal Caruso who is purported to be the specific objector is an elderly man approaching 70 who lives in the most remote area of New York City, the Throngs Neck section of the Bronx near the land's end. He was apparently selected to be the front man because of the remoteness of his situation and the difficulty in serving him. When asked why he got involved in this case, Sal Caruso replied, I am a member of the Republican Party and they asked me to help out. This tells us what we knew already which is that he is not the real objector and is just doing this as a favor to somebody else or possibly as a result of being paid to do this. This should not be allowed and the real objectors should be revealed and disclosed.

4. In comparing the signature on the General Objections with the signature on the Specific Objections it is obvious that the two documents do not match and were not signed by the same person and thus one of them is a forgery. The Voter Registration Card for Salvatore Caruso is on file with the Bronx Board of Elections. In comparing the signatures, the signature on the Voter Registration Card is similar to the signature on the General Objection and both are completely different from the signature on the Specific Objection.