Old May 13th 04, 09:37 PM

Default I cannot find a FIDE rating for Saudin Robovic

I cannot find a FIDE rating for Saudin Robovic

His USCF rating is 2449

http://www.64.com/uscf/ratings/12688370

He is an International Master.

His nickname is Robocop, after the TV character.

Can anybody help?

Old May 13th 04, 10:50 PM
John Fernandez

I cannot find a FIDE rating for Saudin Robovic

He was on the January 2004 list:

14400251 Robovic, Saudin m BIH 2357 0

He's not on the list because the Bosnia i Hercegovina fed hasn't paid up their
dues. All other BIH players (other than Predrag Nikolic) are not on the list
for this reason.

John Fernandez
Old May 14th 04, 11:14 AM
David Richerby

Sam Sloan wrote:
I cannot find a FIDE rating for Saudin Robovic

For some reason, he doesn't appear in the most recent FIDE rating list but
he is in the January 2004 list, rated 2357 and marked as `inactive'.
Inactivity doesn't seem to be a reason for non-inclusion as one Robert J.
Fischer is sitting pretty on 2780.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Perforated Tool (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ handy household tool but it's full
Old May 15th 04, 04:18 PM
Nick

David Richerby wrote in message
Sam Sloan wrote:
I cannot find a FIDE rating for Saudin Robovic

For some reason, he doesn't appear in the most recent FIDE rating list but
he is in the January 2004 list, rated 2357 and marked as `inactive'.
Inactivity doesn't seem to be a reason for non-inclusion as one
Robert J. Fischer is sitting pretty on 2780.

If I recall correctly, Fischer's 2780 FIDE rating (which was his rating
after his 1972 match with Spassky) decreased (or should have decreased)
after Fischer's 1992 match with Spassky--*if* that was rated by FIDE--when
Fischer's performance rating was less than 2780 FIDE.

So what happened? Why is Fischer still rated 2780 FIDE?

--Nick