Old May 27th 04, 06:01 PM
ASCACHESS

Default More Cross Words from USCF

C394B The New York Times Crossword Puzzle
$34.98 $41.98 $69.95 1

C395B Touch Chess and Checkers $24.98 $29.98 $50.00 6

C396B New York Times Deluxe Crossword Puzzles
$49.98 $59.98 $99.95 9

Fellow readers,
I could not but help notice that someone in the office had so much time on
their hands that they had to have both the New York Times Crossword Puzzle and
the New York Times Deluxe Crossword Puzzle books.

At company expense, of course.

Did USCF ever attempt to sell the other nine copies of a $100 Crossword Puzzle
book?
VP Finance Tim Hanke is correct that there were instances of horrific
management and whomever approved these purchases for the individual use of USCF
employees is certainly guilty of poor choices in the use of USCF dollars.
At the very least.

But why would any ED approve the purchase of crossword puzzle books at all.
Is that in our mission statement? Did I miss it somewhere?

Hanke is now spouting the Schultz line that all we are after is to air dirty
laundry at great cost to the federation.

This is a coverup.
The membership is after accountability and none is appearing.

My list is not near at an end of the "bad management" shown on the USCF
spreadsheet.
The idea that we were not deliberately raped by the insiders is beyond the
ability to deny. The financial DNA remains, but no one on this board will even
check to find the guilty. After all, they are protecting their friends.

For the Executive Board to keep their heads in the sand pretending nothing of
significance happened is just "bad management".
In what other corporation can you find "bad management" being used as a shield
by the board of directors to deflect reality.

Richard Peterson
Old May 28th 04, 01:45 PM
Ray Gordon

If no one sues them, there won't be accountability.

Sue or shut the **** up.

--
Everything you need to know about women. FREE!

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library

http://www.cybersheet.com/hotties.html
Why Hotties Choose Losers

http://www.cybersheet.com/6/ubb.x
The Seduction Library Forum

Old May 29th 04, 11:23 PM
Roger

It is simply amazing that you expect people to take you seriously when
it's obvious that you didn't do ANY fact checking before making these
ridiculous claims.

The items in question are not books, as you claim. They are handheld
computers from Excalibur Electronics. This is the same Excalibur
Electronics that has donated thousands of dollars to the USCF, having
recently sponsored the Chess Museum, Grand Prix, Membership Drive and
US Chess Live. Perhaps they are on consignment, or unclaimed prizes
that the USCF is trying to sell off?

I am not defending either USCF or Excalibur here, Lord knows I've
bashed both of them enough on this group. I am just saying that, based
upon the evidence you presented, your claims are baseless.

It would have taken you less than 10 seconds to learn what these items
were. But you were too concerned about spreading this 'vomit' than
learning the truth. I didn't think it was possible, but you have even
less credibility now than before I read your post.

Do you research first before you make such claims.

Roger

Old May 30th 04, 12:21 AM
ASCACHESS

It is simply amazing that you expect people to take you seriously when
it's obvious that you didn't do ANY fact checking before making these
ridiculous claims.

The items in question are not books, as you claim. They are handheld
computers from Excalibur Electronics. This is the same Excalibur
Electronics that has donated thousands of dollars to the USCF, having
recently sponsored the Chess Museum, Grand Prix, Membership Drive and
US Chess Live. Perhaps they are on consignment, or unclaimed prizes
that the USCF is trying to sell off?

Speaking of baseless, vomit boy.
The USCF spreadsheet shows we paid for these items.

But, thank you for your well thought out correction.
Please substitute computer for book and re-read. Analysis remains the same.

What are we doing purchasing (and that is what we did, purchase) crossword
puzzle anything? Where is that in our mission statement?

The open door for the skim still remained open. And the facts (demonstrated by
our own audited financials) show that we over paid for our "inventory" by
hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, still remain.

But you bring up a whole new issue.

World Chess Hall of Fame Shirts, Excaliber Electronics, and our friends in
Florida, what do these have in common?

After Bill Goichberg's initial denial, Frank Niro says USCF was, in essence, a
transfer to the Chess Hall of Fame.

Now, we learn courtesy of vomit boy that the company of the founder of the
Chess Hall of Fame sold Crossword Puzzle computers to the USCF. Was this
another transfer off the balance sheet?

Please do not think I am simply zeroing in on the Hall of Fame, they are just
one aspect of why USCF lost its shirt in a profitable business.

Rp

Old May 30th 04, 01:40 PM

On 29 May 2004 23:21:47 GMT, (ASCACHESS) wrote:

[...]

As everybody here should know, I almost never agree with Richard
Peterson about anything.

However, this time I think he might be onto something.