Old May 29th 04, 02:04 PM
HAASpittle

Default QID Reversed

In another thread there was some discussion of the KID. I have my own
opinion (amateurish perhaps) that all main line Q-side openings are related and
lead more or less to the same thing.. i.e. white emerges from the opening with
the initiative in hand but little else.
So, I have this idea that there is a kind of universal Q-side opening for
White. In ICC games I have many times played a Queen's Indian Defense
(reversed) as White even against Black's KID formations. I even like White's
positions that arise from allowing Black to get in his ...e5, followed soon by
his .. e4 which drives my KN from f3 back to d2. Some of my most pleasing wins
on ICC came from these types of formations. Black has to spend some tempi to
reinforce his P at e4, allowing White to build tremendous pressure on the
Q-side, particularly down the c file where the WQ occupies c2, etc. By the
way, in these positions vs the KID, I rarely if ever push my QP to d5. As a
result of not wasting that tempo, White's initiative increases on the Q-side to
the extent that Black as a KID player has difficulty getting in his
characteristic counter initiative down the f-file and later the g-file.
If I can find some of my old ICC games using QID-rev vs KID, I'll post an
example or two.

Haas

Old May 29th 04, 03:08 PM
Bill Smythe

"HAASpittle" wrote:
.... In ICC games I have many times played a Queen's Indian Defense
(reversed) as White even against Black's KID formations. ....

That should work every time, e.g. 1. b3 g6 2. Bb2 Bg7 3. Bxg7 followed
by 4. Bxh8 .

You have discovered a devastating new opening idea.

Bill Smythe

Old May 29th 04, 04:30 PM
LeModernCaveman

That should work every time, e.g. 1. b3 g6 2. Bb2 Bg7 3. Bxg7 followed
by 4. Bxh8 .

You have discovered a devastating new opening idea.

What about 1...e5!

I'll take as much of the center as White wants to give me and thank him for the
equality or better.

I also find that the Samisch anti-pirc setup with Be6 and Qd7 to be strong.

Old May 29th 04, 05:57 PM
HAASpittle

"That should work every time, e.g. 1. b3 g6 2. Bb2 Bg7 3. Bxg7 followed
by 4. Bxh8 .

You have discovered a devastating new opening idea." (Bill Smythe)
=============
Aren't you Mister Funnybones today.

Haas
Old May 29th 04, 09:07 PM
HAASpittle

"Good. Now you really need a good Mensa Metro District scheme to bring this
idea to full fruition. Please explain to us how this would work, in detail por
favor." (Sam Sloan)
=============
This thread in not about the Mensa treatment for chess. But.. since YOU
brought it up... I'll just say that your beloved USCF will go nowhere fast
without an eventual Mensa treatment of some kind or other.
You and the others who may serve time on the EB will eventually have to deal
with a way(s) to make USCF membership more attractive, more interesting, ...
something that enhances and enriches our chess experience. Just stabilizing
Chess HQ won't be sufficient.

Haas
Old May 30th 04, 02:19 AM
Bill Smythe

"Sam Sloan" wrote:
Good. Now you really need a good Mensa Metro District scheme to bring
this idea to full fruition.

Now you've done it, Sam.

Just when we thought HAASpittle had started a thread about something OTHER
than metro districts, you give him an excuse to jump into his favorite
topic.

HAAS probably figured somebody would do that. All he needs to do is start a
conversation about ANYTHING, and somebody ELSE will turn it to metro
districts just because it's HAAS.

Bill Smythe

Old May 30th 04, 05:25 AM
HAASpittle

"HAAS probably figured somebody would do that. All he needs to do is start a
conversation about ANYTHING, and somebody ELSE will turn it to metro
districts just because it's HAAS. (Bill Smythe)
============
No, I don't post to bait people into bringing up that scheme. I'm pretty
direct. If I want dwell on-metro I will simply post on-metro.
Things are so boring here I'm tempted to tell you all the odd story about
the first time I encountered and captured a wild rattlesnake, a nice sized
eastern diamondback just north of Waycross, Georgia. My second eastern
diamondback also makes for a good story. That one was down in Punta Gorda,
Florida.
Almost everyone has at least one snake story. I have lots of them.

Old Haasie still with all his fingers and toes
Old May 31st 04, 02:34 PM
Kermit

"Bill Smythe" wrote in message
"HAASpittle" wrote:
.... In ICC games I have many times played a Queen's Indian Defense
(reversed) as White even against Black's KID formations. ....

That should work every time, e.g. 1. b3 g6 2. Bb2 Bg7 3. Bxg7 followed
by 4. Bxh8 .

I think it may be possible to improve Black's play. 2. .... Bh6 saves the
bishop.

Old June 1st 04, 09:59 PM
StanB

"HAASpittle" wrote in message

If I can find some of my old ICC games using QID-rev vs KID, I'll post

an
example or two.

Everyone knows that the QID-rev vs KID is a book draw.

StanB