Old June 5th 04, 12:34 AM
John Blackstone

Default Wayne Praeder

Just thought I should let my friens know that I am supporting Wayne Praeder
for executive board. Wayne's obvious success in life and demenostrated
knowledge of non-profit corporate procedures makes him a obvious choice for
the board.

Please join me in voting for Wayne in the
current issue of Chess Life and help us turn the federation around.

John Blackstone

Old June 5th 04, 02:43 PM

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:34:07 -0700, "John Blackstone"
wrote:

Just thought I should let my friens know that I am supporting Wayne Praeder
for executive board. Wayne's obvious success in life and demenostrated
knowledge of non-profit corporate procedures makes him a obvious choice for
the board.

Please join me in voting for Wayne in the
current issue of Chess Life and help us turn the federation around.

John Blackstone

I have a few questions for you:

Have you ever met Wayne Praeder in person?

Have you ever spoken to Wayne Praeder on the phone?

It appears that Wayne Praeder comes from the same place as you, which
is Santa Rosa California. I say that because someone named Wayne
Praeder holds the record for the Santa Rosa High School 1600 meters
relay team for 1970. See

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/running/bperformances.html

I have corresponded extensively with Wayne Praeder by e-mail and I
have posted several articles written by him on my website. His
suggestions and ideas have been very helpful and useful. Nevertheless,
I am nervous about electing someone who has never played a rated game
of chess and whom nobody has ever actually seen.

Maybe we can get Peter Manetti, a Santa Rosa chess player, to check
him out.

Old June 5th 04, 04:56 PM
Spam Scone

"John Blackstone" wrote in message news:[email protected]
Just thought I should let my friens know that I am supporting Wayne Praeder
for executive board. Wayne's obvious success in life and demenostrated
knowledge of non-profit corporate procedures makes him a obvious choice for
the board.

Please join me in voting for Wayne in the
current issue of Chess Life and help us turn the federation around.

John Blackstone

The Pennswoodpusher, the magazine of the Pennsylvania State Chess
Federation, endorsed Wayne Praeder and Randy Bauer for EB in the May
2004 issue.

Neil Brennen
Old June 5th 04, 05:00 PM
The Masked Bishop

endorsed Wayne Praeder and Randy Bauer for EB in the May
2004 issue.

How bold. Such changes we'll see....

m...

Old June 5th 04, 10:32 PM
Spam Scone

(Sam Sloan) wrote in message ...
It appears that Wayne Praeder comes from the same place as you, which
is Santa Rosa California. I say that because someone named Wayne
Praeder holds the record for the Santa Rosa High School 1600 meters
relay team for 1970. See

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/running/bperformances.html

I have corresponded extensively with Wayne Praeder by e-mail and I
have posted several articles written by him on my website. His
suggestions and ideas have been very helpful and useful. Nevertheless,
I am nervous about electing someone who has never played a rated game
of chess and whom nobody has ever actually seen.

Maybe we can get Peter Manetti, a Santa Rosa chess player, to check
him out.

Sam Sloan

Notice the subtle mind of ChessDon's CJA Journalist of the Year
nominee in action. Rather than contact Mr. Praeder, or check his
website, Sloan tries to track him down by using a high school record
from three decades ago. Is Sam Sloan going to pay for his Santa Rosa
chessplayer to visit Pennsylvania to locate Mr. Praeder?

Old June 6th 04, 12:46 AM
Fifiela

Have you ever spoken to Wayne Praeder on the phone?

I have; Several times. Great guy.

Wayne was of the early supporters of OMOV. If we had had OMOV a decade ago my
guess is that USCF would be in much better shape.

Wayne's got one of my votes.
Old June 6th 04, 12:47 AM
Fifiela

Maybe we can get Peter Manetti, a Santa Rosa chess player, to check
him out.

When I last spoke to Wayne, he was living east of the Mississippi.
Old June 6th 04, 12:48 AM
Fifiela

How bold. Such changes we'll see....

Sorry but
Old June 6th 04, 12:50 AM
Fifiela

How bold. Such changes we'll see....

Sorry but I don't see you running.....This is a better crop of canidates (I've
meet 4 of them) than under the previous system.