Old June 8th 04, 07:11 AM
NoMoreChess

Default Hitler and Chess

..
Wasn't there a TV series "My Mother the Cow"? I think Hitler did have a
mother.

Nope, it was "My Mother the Car"

"My mother the cow" was the working title for a series that appeared on
ABC for many years under the name "Roseanne."

Well, there you go! That explains it all. Obviously Hitler's mother used to
play chess with Rosanne Barr. I'm not too sure where the car comes into
this, but I'll work on that.

You've got everything mixed up here!

1. Rosanne Barr was not a cow; she was weight-challenged.

2. Her show was called something else; "My Mother the Car" was a different
show altogether.

3. The star of "My Mother the Car" was Dick Van Dyke's brother, who turned
down the title role in "Giligan's Island" because he thought *that show* was
"silly." LOL

4. Yes, Hitler had a mother.

5. No, there were no "Hitler Dairies"; young Adolf took his mother's only
cow and traded it for a handful of magic beans, which she angrily tossed out
the window.
Actually, that was just a routine typing error. You see them here all the
time, due to the preponderance of "nearly illiterate" trolls. :-)

I received an email the other day, in which a very successful investment
advisor who ran his own advisory company made no less than five obvious
grammatical/spelling errors on a single page -- a page which he no doubt
emailed to hundreds, if not thousands of prospective clients, hoping to rope
them into subscribing to his expensive advisory service. He used html with
full color advertisement inserts, professional looking formatting, and so
forth. That was FIVE stupid errors, on a single page!

"You made your first mistake, when you sat down to play."

Old June 9th 04, 12:17 AM
Ken Albin

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message
.
[...]

I believe I understand the essence of the discussion now. This poster is
looking for any games played by Jerry Van Dyke against the cast of
Gilligan's Island at the Hitler Open. The diary of these games were
accidentally left in a car by Rosanne Barr, along with a pile of magic
beans.
This is probably not the correct newsgroup to address this question. Maybe
the alt.hitler.chessandbeans.games group would a better choice.

Ken Albin

Old June 9th 04, 07:29 AM
NoMoreChess

..
I believe I understand the essence of the discussion now. This poster is
looking for any games played by Jerry Van Dyke against the cast of
Gilligan's Island at the Hitler Open. The diary of these games were
accidentally left in a car by Rosanne Barr, along with a pile of
magic beans.
This is probably not the correct newsgroup to address this question. Maybe
the alt.hitler.chessandbeans.games group would a better choice.

I'm glad we were finally able to clear this up.

I won't bother to mention that that Hitler Open was won by Thurston Howell
III, who crushed Jerry Van Dyke in a Wilkes "Barr," while the Professor and
Mary Ann both drew Jerry using the "Albin" Countergambit. The magic beans were
never found, but police say the prime suspect was (a hungry) Roseanne Barr....