Old June 10th 04, 12:39 AM
ASCACHESS

Default Another Chessdonism

After the
tournament, when the organizer could not pay, many winners complained they
were
not paid. John Curdo contacted me and I told him USCF, IMO, was morally
obligated to make the payments, I called the office and Curdo and the others
were refunded.

Don Schultz

Don Schultz is at it again.

So Don called the office and Curdo and the others were "refunded".

Does that mean that after playing in the USCF tournament where the USCF screwed
up the TLA, that the players were "refunded" their entry fees?

This is rather different than stepping up to the plate and paying the
guaranteed prizes which Don and Tim seem to have voted against.

While others on the board saw the wisdom of accepting responsibility for a USCF
failure and paying the guarantees, Don and Tim voted to rescind the "Organizer
of the Year Award" in September after the delegates meeting. Is this anyone's
idea of effective leadership or is it more another futile gesture when the cow
has exited the barn.

I wonder if Chessdon sees the difference between "refunded" entry fees and
paying the guaranteed prizes.
Donny the Weasel is as ethics challenged as ever.

Don, USCF has archives on its website listing past letters to the delegates
from USCF Presidents and others. Don, why have yours been removed? Are they
just too embarassing?

Richard Peterson

Old June 10th 04, 05:56 AM
Chessdon

[...]

I told Curdo prize fund and that was what was refunded to all the prize
winners. Entry fees?? - a figment of Richard's imagination.

Bye for

Old June 10th 04, 06:30 AM
ASCACHESS

I told Curdo prize fund and that was what was refunded to all the prize
winners. Entry fees?? - a figment of Richard's imagination.

Is this ChessDon's most bizarre use of the English language?

Not even close, but how does one "re"fund something that has not been funded?

OK, you go to the theater and buy tickets for yourself and a friend, then you
get a call and your friend can't come. You get a refund from the box office or
is that a figment of my imagination.

But then again, I did suffer from having directly quoted Don.

Speaking of quoting Don directly, perhaps Don would take a moment to explain
why his Presidential letters were removed from the USCF website?

Sheesh
Richard Peterson

Old June 10th 04, 06:38 PM
Jane Adams

"ASCACHESS" wrote in message

I told Curdo prize fund and that was what was refunded to all the prize
winners. Entry fees?? - a figment of Richard's imagination.

Is this ChessDon's most bizarre use of the English language?

Not even close, but how does one "re"fund something that has not been

funded?

OK, you go to the theater and buy tickets for yourself and a friend, then

you
get a call and your friend can't come. You get a refund from the box

office or
is that a figment of my imagination.

But then again, I did suffer from having directly quoted Don.

Speaking of quoting Don directly, perhaps Don would take a moment to

explain
why his Presidential letters were removed from the USCF website?

Sheesh
Richard Peterson

Let me take a guess here. His publishing company is claiming copyright
infringement??

"argh, hearty har har"---laugh like a Pirage day at Disney World

Jane