Old June 13th 04, 03:35 AM
Doctor SBD

Default Simple Irony - the scruples of Internet Grandmasters

Although our first resident Internet Grandmaster (Since GM Loyd has appeared)
has made apparent in several posts that most of us have ratings too low to
teach chess, it seems such scruples do not apply to language instruction, a
skill our first resident Internet GM does not show much aptitude for (maybe 800
Elo in English??):

http://bahai-library.com/wwwboard/messages00/631.html

I am 99% sure it is the same person.

SBD
Old June 13th 04, 04:55 AM
NoMoreChess

..
In order to teach English to someone who speaks Goran Tomic's mother tongue
(whatever it may be), it would be very helpful for the teacher to be bilingual,
which is to say, reasonably competent in both languages -- not just one or the
other.

I for one have little trouble understanding what Tomic writes here in
English, though he is not always "perfectly clear," like Richard Nixon was when
he insisted that he was "not a crook."
Therefore, IMO, those who contend that Goran cannot communicate in English
are, perhaps, just as illiterate as they say he is. I would not expect, say, a
ten year old child to be able to "interpret" Goran's mangled sentences, but a
reasonably competent adult should have little trouble understanding the gist of
his writings in English
..
In all likelihood, such criticisms as this spring from personal malice --
leftovers from previous quarrels with Tomic, which left a sour taste in the
mouth. I have had a few such run-ins with Goran myself, for he is a diehard
Fischer fan, who has fallen hook, line, and sinker for the popular propaganda
regarding Bobby and his purported "enemies."

-- Nomo, internet 800, bullet 245

Old June 13th 04, 07:33 AM
Goran Tomic

"Steven B. Dowd", "Steven the Liar" or ""Ha-Ha-Hanke back-scratcher" or
"Doctor SBD" (or "Liar
Steven B. Dowd") wrote in message
" Although our first resident Internet Grandmaster (Since GM Loyd has
appeared)
has made apparent in several posts that most of us have ratings too low to
teach chess, it seems such scruples do not apply to language instruction,

skill our first resident Internet GM does not show much aptitude for

(maybe 800
Elo in English??):

http://bahai-library.com/wwwboard/messages00/631.html

I am 99% sure it is the same person.

SBD

Again?! I told you that can't discuss
any more on this newsgroup, because
you are discredited! Who wants to hear liar like you? Coward, liar,
backscratcher...what can be worse? I approved all of that. You are spineless
person, too.

You are ordinary liar and man with very suspicious sexual tendencies (hot
night with somebody's sister, etc.). You published game which you didn't
play against me. I have to re-post that information:

--------------

On thread: The Pittsburgh Trap, The Pittsburgh Trap, 21, 22. May,
23. May..

You don't even remember our game in the 1999 Herzegovina
championship,
when I was the visiting master who beat you in round 1 and then went on to
score 12-0? The queen sacrifice was not normally winning, but I knew you

would
mess it up somehow.

Here is it is:

Tomic, G (1700) - Dowd,S (2205) [C28]
Herz nat'l (1), 16.04.1999

You are the liar because you "published" your game against "Goran Tomic", in
Herzegovina,16.04.1999, during the war (23rd Mart till June 1999 when my
country was bombarded and we all had our duties) when nobody could cross out
or in my country Yugoslavia (now Serbia and Montenegro). Herzegovina is a
part of Bosnia and Herzegovina and not part of my country Serbia and
Montenegro.
So, obviously that, game was not played, and that you published no-played
game. The conclusion is that
you published false game and you are liar.

Moreover, I proved that you have suspicious tendencies in sex regards man
and woman. Doctor Steven B. Dowd wrote:

I still remember those nights with your sister; I am so glad she

understood
what it meant to be far from home. As you recall, I dedicated my victory

her.

PS - Tell Uncle Zinko I will be sending him the "magazines" he wants, but

will have to feed them through a paper shredder first and he must then
reassemble them himself.

Your sexist allusions show that you are very suspicious in sex domain, and
maybe you are perverted. I can't imagine that normal person can write such
things. I sent your posts to your chief, friends, colleagues and students so
they can draw their conclusion. One of your chiefs replied immediately and
asked more information (I sent it to him). The main thing is that all people
in your environment have your posts which you wrote under nickname "Doctor
SBD", when you though that you were anonymous.

You mixed some regions and countries and names. By the way, the conclusion
can be that you are uncultured person.
So, doctor Steven B. Dowd in my opinion you blamed your country, your town,
your university, your chess federation and last but not least your family.
You can't discuss on this newsgroup anymore.

What you give you get, ten times over.
Yoruba Proverb

By the way, I made many CDs and web sites, about hundred, (Do you want to
buy my chess CDs?! You'll have discount - only for 40$ like Bill's chess
lesson) and got much money for that because I'm not only internet
grandmaster I'm really webmaster.

Goran Tomic

Old June 13th 04, 07:35 AM
Goran Tomic

Default Stewe B. Dowd or Steven the Liar or Doctor SBD or Liar Steven B. Dowd or Ha-Ha.-Hanke back-scratcher

Best regards,
Goran Tomic

Old June 13th 04, 08:08 AM
Doctor SBD

Again?! I told you that can't discuss
any more on this newsgroup, because
you are discredited!

At least I didnt make the voting for all-time chess kook, like you did.

Who decides who is discredited? Are you now some Internet god who decides the
rights of others to post? What makes you more credible than anyone else? You
are positively Napoleonic....

Spineless? I'll extend you the same offer as John Fernandez, to play an
Internet match on ICC, if you accept his as well. If not, we know who is
lacking vertebrae....

SBD

Old June 13th 04, 08:15 AM
Doctor SBD

hot
night with somebody's sister, etc.).

Exactly where is that in the post you cited? I mentioned nothing of heat or
hotness - any sexual innuendo you read into my postings is a result, I suspect,
of your own repressed perverted tendencies (ah, nothing like good old fashioned
Usenet amateur psychology).

Does your wife know you post "perverted" material over and over?

SBD
Old June 13th 04, 09:11 AM
Goran Tomic

Dowd" or "Ha-Ha-Hanke back-scratcher" wrote in message
hot
night with somebody's sister, etc.).

Exactly where is that in the post you cited? I mentioned nothing of heat

or
hotness - any sexual innuendo you read into my postings is a result, I

suspect,
of your own repressed perverted tendencies (ah, nothing like good old

fashioned
Usenet amateur psychology).

Does your wife know you post "perverted" material over and over?

You can enjoy again in your text and your imagination:
Steven B. Dowd wrote:

---------------

SBD
I still remember those nights with your sister; I am so glad she

understood
what it meant to be far from home. As you recall, I dedicated my victory

her.

PS - Tell Uncle Zinko I will be sending him the "magazines" he wants, but

will have to feed them through a paper shredder first and he must then
reassemble them himself.

My conclusions we

1. You are a coward who tried to hide under nickname "Doctor SBD".

2. You are liar because you "published" your game against "Goran Tomic", in
Herzegovina,16.04.1999, during the war (23rd Mart till June 1999 when my
country was bombarded and we all had our duties) when nobody could cross out
or in my country Yugoslavia (now Serbia and Montenegro). So, obviously that,
game was not played.

2. You have mixed some countries which originated from Yugoslavia.
Herzegovina is a part of Bosnia and not part of Serbia and Montenegro.

3. You can't recognize Serbs names, so you made mistake with false name.
Zinko isn't Serb's name. So, you are uncultured person.

In my opinion, you blamed your profession, your University (as I know your
chiefs discussed about your posts), town, country, and family. Who could be
proud on such doctor, chess fan, citizen, husband? Doctor who is liar, chess
player who is very weak, husband who is coward, with suspicious sexual
allusion, probably with perverted imagination and intentions.

If you continue to send me posts I'll make conclusion that you are
masochist.

Best regards,
Goran Tomic

Old June 13th 04, 09:25 AM
Doctor SBD

Very weak?

You promised not to insult anymore.....

But a match over the ICC might prove who is really weak..... Is that also the
mark of a coward?

SBD
Old June 13th 04, 09:35 AM
Doctor SBD

Grandmaster Goran Tomic has again refused a match with me.

I thereby claim a win on forfeit, but will give him another chance to play.

BTW, Goran, what is *your* national rating?

SBD