Old June 13th 04, 08:29 AM
Goran Tomic

Default Proposal

My conclusion is that all of these funny persons (Ken, Steven, Tim, David,
Bill, Taylor) don't appreciate chess art. Maybe all of them hate chess
because numerous chess defeats.

I have one proposal. If each of them write one positive sentence about
Fischer, I'll never send any critical word regarding their posts. Or, if
they write: "Fischer is the best chess player ever", I'll leave this chess
newsgroup for ever (because my mission will be completed).

Goran Tomic

Old June 13th 04, 08:53 AM
Doctor SBD

If each of them write one positive sentence about
Fischer, I'll never send any critical word regarding their posts

Fischer always dressed nicely when he played in tournaments.

There you go.

It will be good to never hear from you again.

SBD

Old June 13th 04, 09:15 AM
NoMoreChess

..
If each of them write one positive sentence about
Fischer, I'll never send any critical word regarding their posts

Fischer always dressed nicely when he played in tournaments.

There you go.

If Goran Tomic needs to "convince" people of Fischer's superiority, doesn't
that suggest something, in itself? A player's games should do the talking,
and each of us may decide for ourselves who was the greatest chessplayer ever.
(Hint: his initials are G.K. and he is a very hairy guy)

BTW, Fischer didn't *always* dress so nice, see? 'Cause like, them Jews,
see, they didn't have class, so like, he had to show 'em all how it should be
done -- yeah! He, like, got some really good deals on suits in Hong Kong, ya
know.

"All I want to do, ever, is play chess." -- me

It will be good to never hear from you again.

I can't believe you actually think that *all* of these guys will now say
something nice about Fischer AND that Goran could ever keep such a promise!
Can you spell nigh-eve-i-tay? (well, neither can I) :-)

Old June 13th 04, 09:27 AM
Doctor SBD

I can't believe you actually think that *all* of these guys will now say
something nice about Fischer AND that Goran could ever keep such a promise!
Can you spell nigh-eve-i-tay? (well, neither can I) :-)

He didn't say each and everyone; he said each of them.

But he already broke his promise anyway, so you are correct there.

SBD

If each of them write one positive sentence about
Fischer, I'll never send any critical word regarding their posts

Fischer always dressed nicely when he played in tournaments.

There you go.

It will be good to never hear from you again.

SBD

Thanks,
that's last my post to you (if you don't mention me in your posts).

Best wishes and good - bye,
Goran Tomic

Old June 13th 04, 09:52 AM
Goran Tomic

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message

I can't believe you actually think that *all* of these guys will now say
something nice about Fischer AND that Goran could ever keep such a

promise!
Can you spell nigh-eve-i-tay? (well, neither can I) :-)

Why not? I repeat my proposal:

If each of them (Ken, Tim, David, Bill, Taylor) write one positive sentence

Old June 13th 04, 06:46 PM
Bill Brock

"Goran Tomic" wrote in message ...
My conclusion is that all of these funny persons (Ken, Steven, Tim, David,
Bill, Taylor) don't appreciate chess art. Maybe all of them hate chess
because numerous chess defeats.

I have one proposal. If each of them write one positive sentence about
Fischer, I'll never send any critical word regarding their posts. Or, if
they write: "Fischer is the best chess player ever", I'll leave this chess
newsgroup for ever (because my mission will be completed).

Goran Tomic

For all the Fischer hagiography, which I find annoying, it's amazing
how underappreciated Fischer's games from 1970 & 1971 are. He was
further ahead of his contemporaries than any other player. I think
it's silly to say he was the "best"--Kasparov and Karpov at their
peaks were playing more sophisticated chess--but only for the same
reason it's silly to say that Newton was a better physicist than
Einstein. Always historicize!

I'm talking about beautiful games like Fischer-Unzicker from the
Siegen Olympiad:

[Event "Siegen ol (Men)"]
[Site "Siegen"]
[Date "1970.??.??"]
[Round "15"]
[White "Fischer, Robert James"]
[Black "Unzicker, Wolfgang"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "C69"]
[PlyCount "83"]
[EventDate "1970.09.??"]
[Source "ChessBase"]
[SourceDate "2001.11.25"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Bxc6 dxc6 5. O-O f6 6. d4 exd4 7.
Nxd4 Ne7 8. Be3 Ng6 9. Nd2 Bd6 10. Nc4 O-O 11. Qd3 Ne5 12. Nxe5 Bxe5
13. f4 Bd6 14. f5 Qe7 15. Bf4 Bxf4 16. Rxf4 Bd7 17. Re1 Qc5 18. c3
Rae8 19. g4 Qd6 20. Qg3 Re7 21. Nf3 c5 22. e5 fxe5 23. Rfe4 Bc6 24.
Rxe5 Rfe8 25. Rxe7 Rxe7 26. Ne5 h6 27. h4 Bd7 28. Qf4 Qf6 29. Re2 Bc8
30. Qc4+ Kh7 31. Ng6 Rxe2 32. Qxe2 Bd7 33. Qe7 Qxe7 34. Nxe7 g5 35.
hxg5 hxg5 36. Nd5 Bc6 37. Nxc7 Bf3 38. Ne8 Kh6 39. Nf6 Kg7 40. Kf2 Bd1
41. Nd7 c4 42. Kg3 1-0
Old June 13th 04, 07:45 PM
Goran Tomic

"Bill Brock" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Thanks, your text is very real. That game is more important when everybody
can see on Tigran Petrosian Memorial that grandmasters made mistakes in
elementary endings.

I'll fulfill my promises.

Best regards,
Goran Tomic

Old June 13th 04, 09:39 PM
David Bohm

I am not sure the connection between me saying something nice about Fischer
and you saying something nice. I have never written anything negative about
Fischer. He was a great innovator in the game of chess, a true chess
professional. He also was more self made than most of the great world
champions. Many of the world champions are from the Soviet Union where they
have had a long history of chess and previous world champions to work with
to help the next generation of world champions. They also had teams of
players to help analyze games for adjournments, which was a disadvantage for
Robert James Fischer as he did not have such strong players to help analyze
adjournments.

As Garry Kasparov said about Fischer "When I compare my own career with that
of Fischer, I have to admit that I enjoyed a certain advantage over him. He
had no-one besides himself to draw him up to the heights he reached, whereas
I have been privileged in having a high-class player like Karpov, who forced
me to exert myself and advance ever higher."

The innovations made by Fisher in opening theory were true innovations in
the game. He spent many hours a day investigating many lines. Today most
of the innovations come from using a computer to analyze these variations.
As an example see Baadur Jobava vs Evgeny Bareeve at Rethymnon in 2003 round
7 where Jobava analyze the entire game with a computer before the game was
played. This was verified by New in Chess magazine. The innovations by
Fisher you know were from Fisher and not from a computer.

David Bohm

Old June 14th 04, 04:53 AM
Goran Tomic

"David Bohm" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
[...]

Dear Mr. Bohm,
thanks for the correct text about Fischer. He devoted his life to the chess
so all chess players and fans would have similar opinion.

Goran Tomic