Old June 13th 04, 04:19 PM

Default What happened to Bruce?

I must admit I was tired of Bruce. He wrote the same thing over and
over again. He was entirely predictable. He could have hired me to
write his stuff and nobody would have realized the difference.

Bruce Draney has spent a good portion of the last eight years of his
life writing his daily lengthy postings to this group and yet nobody
seems to have noticed, much less to have lamented, his departure.

Old June 13th 04, 08:55 PM
Angelo DePalma

RGCP posters are a tough bunch whom I've compared to crack-addicted hyenas.

Actually I do miss Bruce. I thought he was a bit kooky at times but now I
realize everything he said was true.

Angelo

Old June 13th 04, 11:09 PM
HAASpittle

Draney wrote some time ago that he'd grown tired of rgcp and was concerned
with things other than chess. Thus, many of us have in fact noticed that he
faded away.
Likewise, Al Lawrence hasn't posted in a long time. I wonder if he his
still working on his chess/uscf tell-all book?

RSHaas
Old June 14th 04, 01:05 AM
John Fernandez

I've always appreciated Bruce's posts.

John Fernandez

Old June 14th 04, 12:49 PM
Doctor SBD

The originator of the Bruceski? Of course, he is missed. In fact, Sam, you miss
him so much that you trolled that post out there, hoping he is lurking and
would reply.

SBD

If true, RIP Bruce Draney, one of rgcp's funniest and also dead-on writers