Old June 15th 04, 06:10 PM
Mike Nolan

Default Membership Numbers for 5/31/04

Pete should have gotten the 5/31/04 membership numbers document last week,
but I haven't seen them posted yet, so here they a

Regular Adult: 20977 (including 108 prison members)
Economy Adult: 938
Senior 3047
Sustaining 324
Family 433
Youth 11080
Scholastic 21053
Economy 16304
Special 921 (including 819 prison members)
Trial 53
Life (before 1984) 7375
Life (since 1984) 3350
Computer 0
Affiliates 657
College Affil. 61
Scholastic Affil. 836
Prison Affil. 27
State Chapters 51
Tournament 123
JTP 3
Chess Life Sub. 1178
School Mates Sub. 1
Exchange 46
Non-Member 3

(The 3 non-members and the 3 JTP's are probably due to expiration date
coding errors.)

It is worth noting that the over 450 memberships from the National Jr High
were not received until June 1st, so they didn't make the fiscal year-end
numbers.
--
Mike Nolan
Old June 15th 04, 08:52 PM
ASCACHESS

It is worth noting that the over 450 memberships from the National Jr High
were not received until June 1st, so they didn't make the fiscal year-end
numbers.
--
Mike Nolan

Yes, and those are probably 90% economy scholastic and will not be renewed
since much of Tucson scholastic activity is not USCF.

Rp
Old June 15th 04, 11:07 PM
Tom Klem

Anyone care to start a pool on when Regular Adult will reach this or that
number (up/down)?

Tom Klem

Old June 16th 04, 01:04 AM
ASCACHESS

Anyone care to start a pool on when Regular Adult will reach this or that
number (up/down)?

Tom Klem

2400
1500
1800
adults lost the last three years.

Adults below 21000.
This was a loss in excess of 10% of the regular adult memberships in the last
12 months.
Yes, a few may have become seniors, or lifers, or whatever, but I think I see a
trend here.
Did we get a check from Chess Cafe yet?

I fear that by calling themselves the US Chess sales team, Chess Cafe may well
be vacating USCF's non-profit status as if there were any profit to tax.

Rp

Old June 16th 04, 01:04 AM
HAASpittle

Well, it seems the steady drop of 300 adults per month has come to an end.
Maybe the numbers are trying to find a natural bottom.

Haas

Old June 16th 04, 07:59 AM
Tom Klem

I don't know about you, but I am waiting for a membership drive to begin so
that the numbers begin to head North.

(Not that I don't like the South---Chancellorsville? Anyone?)

Tom Klem