Old June 18th 04, 02:14 PM
Goran Tomic

Default Make a noise about WCC

In the interview of the Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos given to the
"Sport-Express, he said:

------------------------

- Libya offered to FIDE to organize the World Championship in Tripoli and I
repeat, at that moment it was the only real proposal, with necessary
financial guarantees. During our negotiations with the Organisers an
agreement was reached that they have to send invitations to all players
without any exception. This is according to our regulations. But,
unfortunately, the regulations have no provisions in respect of the visas
for the accompanying persons: coaches, bodyguards etc. Libya was strictly
following our regulations. When the scandalously known statement of Mohammed
Al Gadhafi was published in Internet, we immediately requested the
clarification form the Libyan side. We received the answer that there had no
been such a statement. What really happened, was that Mr. Al Gadhafi was
asked whether he sent personal invitations to the Israeli players, and the
Organising Committee Chairman replied that he personally did not send such
invitations. And he once again confirmed that the Organising Committee
guarantees all the players without any exception, entry visas to Libya. -
FIDE published a press-release in this respect. So, we should have cancelled
the Championship due to some conjectures which are found in Internet, should
we? FIDE was in written exchange of correspondence with the Israeli
Federation, which was making enquiries in respect of the provision of the
security for their players and entry visas for accompanying persons.
Moreover, the discussion was about having a meeting somewhere in Europe
between the representatives of Israel and Libya. The Libyan side had no
intention to open their plans about the security of the players, and this is
natural for intelligence services. I can give an example of our country.
Greece is going to spend 1 billion 200 million USD to provide the security
of the participants of the Olympic Games 2004 in Athens. All intelligence of
the world is involved in the solution of this problem, but nobody shall tell
you, what is the exact procedure. It is because the security is to the major
extent, the guarantee of the success. Finally, the Israeli chess players
decided not to participate in the Tripoli World Championship. They are right
when they say that they cannot go to Libya without their trainers and
accompanying persons. Our regulations have nothing in this respect. When we
were creating these regulations, we could not imagine that such a problem
could arise. At the next FIDE General Assembly this provision shall be
changed. On the other hand, I can understand the Libyan side too, as they,
due to the security reasons is not going to allow the armed security of the
Israeli players enter their country. This is a very sensitive issue, but
where do you see the discrimination of Israel?

------------------------------

So, if Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos said truth, (there are no
reasons to suspect in his words) all the conclusions and posts of Mr. Taylor
Kingston, about this WCC ware based not on facts but on hearsay. So, that
noble chess historian and chess writer felt again in the trap of his
prejudices, like in Botvinnik's case. So, I think I don't draw wrong
conclusion when I say that ChessCafe web site published Mr Kingston's
prejudices which were no verification in reality.
In my opinion, such web sites and such chess historians are not necessary in
the chess world. Somebody could say that there are many chess parasites,
which made their existence on chess, but they are harmful for their
host-chess world. When chess world would have enough strength to scrub out
chess parasites?

Goran Tomic

Old June 18th 04, 08:38 PM
Taylor Kingston

Goran Tomic wrote: "So, if Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos said
truth, (there are no reasons to suspect in his words) ..."

Mr. Tomic appears to be poorly informed. I append two readily
available news stories that make clear that protests by GM Gulko and
others are based on far more than "hearsay," directly contradicting
Makropolous and giving considerable "reasons to suspect in his words."
First, a short item from The Week In Chess
(www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html):

FIDE Championships in Tripoli
The opening ceremony for the FIDE Championships in Tripoli takes
place on 18th June 2004. Round 1 on Saturday 19th. The event is
severely weakened with many of the top players refusing to play for
various reasons including unhappyness with the contract and the
treatment of the Israeli players. The Israeli players are all missing
from the event. At first they were supposed to compete seperately in
Malta then there were assurances that they would be allowed to compete
in Tripoli. However in May, Mohammed Gadhafi, son of Libyan leader
Moammar Gadhafi, described Israelis as "the Zionist enemy" and said
they would not be invited to the championships. The Israel Chess
Federation may sue FIDE (The Jerusalem Post - Friday, June 18, 2004)

From the TWIC item one may link to the Jerusalem Post website, where
the following appears:

Jun. 17, 2004 20:02Israeli chess body wants to sue Libya over ban
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
Israel's national chess body said Thursday it hopes to sue Libya for
barring the Israeli team from this year's world chess championships in
Tripoli.
In May, Mohammed Gadhafi, son of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi,
described Israelis as "the Zionist enemy" and said they would not be
invited to the championships from June 18 to July 13. The Israeli body
then demanded unsuccessfully that the World Chess Federation, FIDE,
move the championship from Libya.
Libya is putting up US$1.5 million in prize money for the event.
Israeli Chess Association spokesman Yerach Tal said the Israeli team,
ranked second in Europe after Russia, would incur financial losses as
a result of the ban.
Tal told The Associated Press that the association was also
considering a suit for damages against FIDE.
"We are consulting our legal adviser on the possibility of suing
both FIDE and the Libyans for compensation for the damages incurred by
our exclusion from this tournament," Tal said.
He said one of the Israeli players, Vadim Milov, was trying to
attend the tournament as part of the Swiss team.
Milov was due to fly from Zurich to Tripoli on Thursday, but Tal did
not know if he had been successful, as he did not have an official
Libyan invitation.
Tal said Israel had learned a lesson from the affair.
"We have asked FIDE that in the future, a condition for a country
hosting a major event is that it must accept teams of any
nationality," he said.
Libya has been one of Israel's harshest critics in the Arab world,
hosting military bases for radical Palestinian groups. In the
mid-1990s, Libya expelled thousands of Palestinians in protest after
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat entered peace talks with Israel.
But in recent years, the Libyan leader toned down his anti-Israel
rhetoric as part of a larger effort to rehabilitate his international
image. (end)

So, one must decide whether the Associated Press, the Jerusalem
Post, and the Israeli Chess Federation are hallucinating, or Mr. Tomic
is mistaken.

Taylor Kingston
Old June 18th 04, 09:53 PM
Goran Tomic

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
om...

Mr. Tomic appears to be poorly informed. I append two readily
available news stories that make clear that protests by GM Gulko and
others are based on far more than "hearsay," directly contradicting
Makropolous and giving considerable "reasons to suspect in his words."

I'm very good informed about Gulko's letters, Ponomariov's letters,
Lautier's letters and with the opinion other relevant factors in that case.
But, you perchance or purposely continued to make conclusion and to accuse
one country and one organization without any fact. What are the facts. It's
better to see what FIDE authority said about that. Your harebrained letter
on ChessCafe was based on secondary sources. Why didn't you look at FIDE web
site. Why didn't you ask Mr. Kirsan personally? Have you read his Open
letter
to Joel Lautier, ( FIDE answer to the ACP Open Letter dated 8 June 2004.).

I cite:
---------------------
Kirsan Ilymzhinov, FIDE President: I am aware of the fact that you have
written an open letter to me where you address some concerns regarding the
forthcoming World Chess Championship in Tripoli, Libya. I am not sure why
you choose to contact me in this way through the mass media, instead of
normal means of communication, and for future communication I suggest you
contact me through the FIDE secretariat.

In your letter you "demand" that FIDE provide written evidence from the
Libyan authorities stating that Israeli players will be granted visa upon
arrival in Tripoli. First, Mr. Lautier, let me remind you that you are in no
position to make demands from FIDE. Second, I can assure you that the FIDE
official representatives upon my instructions and in close cooperation with
the Libyan organizer, have worked hard to secure that all players including
the Israelis, will get visa upon arrival.

The Libyan authorities has twice confirmed in writing that all qualified
players will get visa and based on my personal contact with the Libyan
leader H.E Moammar Al Ghaddafi, I am absolutely confident that this problem
is solved. As I read your letter you seem to be of the opinion that the
Israeli players are excluded from the World Chess Championship. I really
cannot understand how you reach such a conclusion, but let me inform you
about the reality of the matter. The Israeli players have either failed to
sign the Players Undertaking or signed with conditions or withdrawn from the
Championship after the deadline.

I understand that you have been in contact with the Libyan embassy in Paris
and that they have confirmed that applicants for visa must not have" an
Israeli visa or a trace of passage on Israeli territory". However, this can
hardly come as a surprise to you since it has been the standard procedure
not only for Libya, but also for many other countries in that region. This
is exactly the very reason why the Libyan authorities have decided to issue
the visas upon arrival. To secure a smooth handling of visa and to avoid
misunderstandings from Libyan embassies all over the world, we have agreed
to the present procedure.

I am somewhat surprised that you don't see the importance of having the
World Chess Championship in Libya, during the time when the country is
opening up to the international community in a way that has been widely
appreciated by many top leaders of the world. The Libyan Chess Federation is
a regular member of FIDE and the World Championship has the full backing of
the Libyan Olympic Committee. We are confident that everything possible will
be done to secure an excellent Championship fully in line with all FIDE
regulations.

Regarding the issue of accompanying persons, coaches, spouses etc I agree
that there is a problem and we have to amend the regulations. Libya however
has fulfilled its obligations according to the present regulations.

When it comes to the announcement of the final list of participants, FIDE is
only following the World Championship regulations and I suggest that you
study the details. After the deadline for the players to sign their
Undertaking, there is a procedure, whereby it takes several weeks to fill
the vacancies.

FIDE has already published the final list of the participants as well as the
pairings on its official site.
-----------------------------

Have you seen that list? Check it, again.

So, one must decide whether the Associated Press, the Jerusalem
Post, and the Israeli Chess Federation are hallucinating, or Mr. Tomic
is mistaken.

Taylor Kingston

I think you are completely wrong. GM Garry Kasparov, didn't say anything
against World Chess Championship in Libya. He would play with a winner of
that Championship. Isn't it a bit strange that GM Kasparov, didn't say
anything against it?
It seems that you have more information than GM Garry Kasparov, Kirsan
Ilymzhinov, FIDE President, Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos,
organizers of forthcoming World Chess Championship in Tripoli...

In my opinion, you are aware that you handled with half-truth.

A half-truth is a whole lie.
Jewish Proverb

Regards,
Goran Tomic

Old June 18th 04, 10:10 PM
Taylor Kingston

For those wishing to see the two stories quoted in my previous post,
on their original sites, the URLs a

http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html#news235

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1006688055060

If Mr. Tomic still considers the Libyan story mere "hearsay," he is
free to contact the webmasters at those sites.

T. Kingston
Old June 19th 04, 07:07 AM
Goran Tomic

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
om...
For those wishing to see the two stories quoted in my previous post,
on their original sites, the URLs a

http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html#news235

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...e/ShowFull&cid
=1087441299426&p=1006688055060

If Mr. Tomic still considers the Libyan story mere "hearsay," he is
free to contact the webmasters at those sites.

T. Kingston

It's obviously that you tried to hide relevant information. I ask you again:
Why didn't you look at FIDE web
site? Why didn't you ask Mr. Kirsan personally, or Mr Kasparov about WCC? An
again: Isn't it a bit strange that GM Kasparov, didn't say anything against
it? It seems that you have more information than GM Garry Kasparov, Kirsan
Ilymzhinov, FIDE President, Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos,
organizers of forthcoming World Chess Championship in Tripoli...
It seems that you read only ChessCafe and texts on it. You must have direct
information about chess events, not secondary or hearsay.
Here is one thing more.
It's easy to you to call on boycott of WCC, because you don't loose
anything. But, these chess players are professionals and they make their
existence on the tournament prizes. So, when you call them on boycott it
would be fair to give them compensation. Would you? Here are the prizes on
WCC:

Prizes
Round 1 losers: 64 x USD 6,000
Round 2 losers: 32 x USD 10,000
Round 3 losers: 16 x USD 15,000
Round 4 losers: 8 x USD 22,000
Round 5 losers: 4 x USD 32,000
Round 6 losers: 2 x USD 45,000
Runner-up: 1 x USD 70,000
World Champion: 1 x USD 100,000
Total: USD 1,508,000

Regards,
Goran Tomic

Old June 19th 04, 03:58 PM
Taylor Kingston

Goran Tomic wrote in message ...

"It's easy to [sic] you to call on [sic] boycott of WCC, because you
don't loose [sic] anything."

Gawd, how tedious. The most "loose" thing in this whole matter
continues to be Mr. Tomic's handling of facts. It's obviously no use
arguing with a broken record.
OK, Goran, I give up, have it your way. Libya is a land of peace,
plenty and freedom, where Muslim and Jew live together in happiness
and harmony. The Libyans will welcome their Israeli brothers with open
arms. FIDE's decision to hold the tournament there was a brilliant
master stroke, uniting the chess world in approbation. The protests
are based on paranoid delusions (anti-Semitism was long ago proven to
be a myth), and when Khadafy Jr. talked of "Zionist enemies" that was
just code for "good buddies." Ilyumzhinov's handling of the protests
("Mr. Lautier, let me remind you that you are in no position to make
demands from [sic] FIDE.") shows tactful restraint and elegant
diplomacy. Under Ilyumzhinov, Kalmykia and FIDE together have made one
heroic stride after another, the Larisa Yudina affair being probably
the most shining example.
The only flaw (and one I am surprised Mr. Tomic did not point out)
in Ilyumzhinov's handling of the affair was his failure to invite
Mikhail Botvinnik.
Speaking of delusions, I was clearly under one yesterday when I
bothered to take seriously a poster who, in a remarkably short time,
has become the butt of probably more jokes on this newsgroup than any
other poster I've ever seen. Apparently most of these go right over
his flat-top, as he continues to crank out new howlers day after day.
If I had the time, I might devise a pseudonym and join in with GM Loyd
Turton and the other parodists, but they've been doing a great job on
their own.
In any event, the Libyan WCC has already started or is just about
to, so further argument on this point seems moot.
Mr. Tomic is fond of closing his posts with various moral
injunctions and proverbs. Given his past thefts of copyrighted
material, a better closing quote for him might be:

I choose to steal
What you choose to show.
And you know,
I will not apologize. -- Blue Öyster Cult, "Career of Evil"

However, Tomic's potential for evil is trivial compared to his
talent for unintended humor and self-parody. Reading his posts is kind
of like replaying over and over the scene from "King Kong," the 1976
version, when the gorilla, roaring and pummeling furiously, bursts
through the gate and immediately falls into a ditch. So I say to you,
Goran: Right on, bro! Keep on keepin' on!

Taylor Kingston
Old June 19th 04, 05:43 PM
Goran Tomic

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
om...

Dear Mr. Kingston,
you said:

If I had the time, I might devise a pseudonym and join in with GM Loyd
Turton and the other parodists, but they've been doing a great job on
their own.

Try! Your friend Neil Brennen, or Internet GM Loyd
Turton or SpamScone:
who sent spam posts to
newsgroups offended all chess lovers and chess fans on the group. The time
of spam senders has gone. Every reader who is attacked by some of the jerk
like Niel, or Clown from Atlanta, can send me complaint. I'll send him the
server address or address of that buffoon. It's interesting that I found
more Niels addresses, with the same provider in Atlanta.

"It's easy to [sic] you to call on [sic] boycott of WCC, because you
don't loose [sic] anything."

It's moral and normal, when you call chess player on boycott, to compensate
them money. They are chess professional, and you agitated against WCC and
made a noise. so, they would ask you to recompesate abut 50.000 dollars
circa, in total.

OK, Goran, I give up, have it your way. Libya is a land of peace,
plenty and freedom, where Muslim and Jew live together in happiness
and harmony. The Libyans will welcome their Israeli brothers with open
arms. FIDE's decision to hold the tournament there was a brilliant
master stroke, uniting the chess world in approbation. The protests
are based on paranoid delusions (anti-Semitism was long ago proven to
be a myth), and when Khadafy Jr. talked of "Zionist enemies" that was
just code for "good buddies." Ilyumzhinov's handling of the protests
("Mr. Lautier, let me remind you that you are in no position to make
demands from [sic] FIDE.") shows tactful restraint and elegant
diplomacy. Under Ilyumzhinov, Kalmykia and FIDE together have made one
heroic stride after another, the Larisa Yudina affair being probably
the most shining example.

What have you against Libya? You have too much prejudices because you have
not arguments. That's friendly country in which our people and our firms
work. They have there rules and like in every country visitors have some
procedures. You think that's easier come in France or in your country? All
your agitation has political background. But, that has no basis in reality.
World leaders went to Libya without any problem.

The only flaw (and one I am surprised Mr. Tomic did not point out)
in Ilyumzhinov's handling of the affair was his failure to invite
Mikhail Botvinnik.

You didn't answer about Botvinnik. Why did you attack him. Maybe for his
chess strength? Or because he lived in Russia? Or because his nationality?
Possibly. Bat in that case, you have guilty conscience. The result is that
you now simulate that you are defender of the nation you previously
perfidious attacked. That's really disservice to that nation. Their chess
players lost the money. That's clear. I repeat, your moral obligation is to
recompesate it to them.

Best wishes,
Goran Tomic

Old June 19th 04, 08:51 PM
Chess One

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
pre-amble snipped

are based on paranoid delusions (anti-Semitism was long ago proven to
be a myth), and when Khadafy Jr. talked of "Zionist enemies" that was
just code for "good buddies." Ilyumzhinov's handling of the protests
("Mr. Lautier, let me remind you that you are in no position to make
demands from [sic] FIDE.") shows tactful restraint and elegant

Okay Okay! Taylor

But come now, how to explain English ideosyncratic speech and written
manners to non-native speakers?
Of course he should have demanded /of/ Fide. Though this distinction would
need to be addressed to half the newsgroup.

diplomacy. Under Ilyumzhinov, Kalmykia and FIDE together have made one
heroic stride after another, the Larisa Yudina affair being probably
the most shining example.
The only flaw (and one I am surprised Mr. Tomic did not point out)
in Ilyumzhinov's handling of the affair was his failure to invite
Mikhail Botvinnik.
Speaking of delusions, I was clearly under one yesterday when I
bothered to take seriously a poster who, in a remarkably short time,
has become the butt of probably more jokes on this newsgroup than any
other poster I've ever seen.

Again, you are pricked, so you make a response which is itself unfair. I do
not think your correspondent cares for popularity contests, and it will not
matter to him how many people moooooooo with the herd. ASnyone writing here
who has a superiority in chess [or any!] skill will be resented by a certain
caste of newsgroup participant.

Apparently most of these go right over
his flat-top, as he continues to crank out new howlers day after day.
If I had the time, I might devise a pseudonym and join in with GM Loyd
Turton and the other parodists,

Surely people who adopt an anon status in order to complement their avowed
personalities are already at some extremity of psychological expression!
Surely this cannot be confused with the matured view of our village?

You see, I wrote with your correspondent long before his public appearance,
and I know fairly well how discrete he is - his level of OTB play, and other
matters, which he does not misrepresent in this public forum, neither does
he grandstand.

Now, Mr. Tomic has taken Mr. Kingston to task for perhaps reporting things
which are too convivial to Mr. Kingston's predisposition to a certain
understanding. Interesting! Nothing is proved or disproved by this activity,
but the matter of methodology in research is invoked.

Without trespassing on your conversation I can certainly validate
independently that Mr. Tomic has some cause for concern, although I cannot
validate it entirely publicly. Some Russian authorities are at great
variance with others, and new and unpublished material from the 'Soviet
Government' itself informs the picture.

I think it is necessary to say that we all investigate this issue, that very
little is resolved, and that some care must be taken in case apparently
radical-seeming ideas as Mr. Tomic might propose are dismissed out of hand,
and whether he advances these propositions from an inspired intuition, of
from semi-avowable sources is unknown.

What is in question Taylor, is that your particular source in this instance
might not be telling the whole truth. There are recent contradicitions in
fact [not in reaction to a particular reporter, but of facts otherwise
reported] from both an angry GM Bronstein and a realistic GM Taimanov, as
simply two examples of contrary opinion, which are on the record.

However, they are yet other, and quite particular reservations about your
source!

This is no simple subject. I must add to be quite fair that I think you
yourself also wish to report fairly on this issue. It is likely, from my
scan of things, that we are currently at some distance from establishing a
fair understanding of this background of Soviet-era manipulations.

[...]

Mr. Tomic may not recognise the Dylan line of my fellow Vermonter, nor its
context.

I was wanting to find a context myself to write another quote, which is
profound. It is:-

"Allah is merciful, the rest is commentary."

H'amdi'lalah! Phil Innes

Taylor Kingston

Old June 19th 04, 09:20 PM
Chess One

Dear Mr. Kingston,
you said:

If I had the time, I might devise a pseudonym and join in with GM Loyd
Turton and the other parodists, but they've been doing a great job on
their own.

Try! Your friend Neil Brennen, or Internet GM Loyd
Turton or SpamScone:
who sent spam posts to
newsgroups offended all chess lovers and chess fans on the group. The time
of spam senders has gone. Every reader who is attacked by some of the jerk
like Niel, or Clown from Atlanta, can send me complaint. I'll send him the
server address or address of that buffoon. It's interesting that I found
more Niels addresses, with the same provider in Atlanta.

It is truly a psychological curiosity that, if this is true, that anyone in
the West with the power of free-speech would choose to spend it this way.
But this is triviality! Underneath, that is something ruled by a neurotic
fear, of being a man and speaking as a man. The back of my hand to all of
it.

"It's easy to [sic] you to call on [sic] boycott of WCC, because you
don't loose [sic] anything."

snip

What have you against Libya? You have too much prejudices because you have
not arguments. That's friendly country in which our people and our firms
work. They have there rules and like in every country visitors have some
procedures. You think that's easier come in France or in your country? All
your agitation has political background. But, that has no basis in

reality.
World leaders went to Libya without any problem.

But this appears differently to non-Muslim people, Goran. In the West we
have read of an exclusion of Jewish people for political reasons - they are
all Zionists!

I must ask you, Goran, to understand that for _very_ conservative American
people who have no cultural experience in weighing and determining the
complexity and history of these matters, that Mr. Kingston, your
correspondent, is acting honorably according to our system in resenting the
facts about Jews in Libya as he understand them.

Is this statement very hard for you to read? I say again, this man is acting
honorably according to his true understanding, and in confronting you with
differences of perspective, he treats you no less honorably for doing so. He
cannot understand your perspective, and so speculates a little on your
motive and character. But this is expressed from not-knowing, rather than
anything else.

The only flaw (and one I am surprised Mr. Tomic did not point out)
in Ilyumzhinov's handling of the affair was his failure to invite
Mikhail Botvinnik.

You didn't answer about Botvinnik. Why did you attack him. Maybe for his
chess strength? Or because he lived in Russia? Or because his nationality?
Possibly. Bat in that case, you have guilty conscience. The result is that
you now simulate that you are defender of the nation you previously
perfidious attacked. That's really disservice to that nation. Their chess
players lost the money. That's clear. I repeat, your moral obligation is

recompesate it to them.

We do not understand each other's culture or history very well my brother.
Ai! It was always easier to win the war than to win any peace. It is for
boys to posture about war; men, and better women, are more honest about its
true nature, no?

And I am utterly convinced after long writing with a woman journalist of
your country of her opinion in this respect:-

Are we the sort of men who will try to win the war, or that much more
difficult thing, who try to win the peace?

Best Wishes to you,
Phil Innes

Best wishes,
Goran Tomic

Old June 21st 04, 05:10 PM
Goran Tomic

Default Make a noise about WCC - connected with attack on Fischer!

"Chess One" wrote in message

Hi Phil,
I have an impression that on this list there are no enough respect for
religion, especially for Islam religion and orthodox religion. It can't be
the reason in some historic or recently events. I think that these people
who don't respect other religion, have no his own religion. They believe in
money, careers, pragmatism, etc, but no have any spiritual evolution. So the
result is permanent attack on other nation, religions and cultures.

But this appears differently to non-Muslim people, Goran. In the West we
have read of an exclusion of Jewish people for political reasons - they

are
all Zionists!

I think that some people in your chess federation didn't forgive FIDE
because it didn't support them when they expelled Fischer. So, they try to
find any convenient moment to Attack FIDE and Kirsan. But their motives is
not, in present case, some type of worry for some nation. Because, Mr
Kingston attacked the famous chess represent of that nation, WCC Botvinnik.
With this media's pressures, some chess players who wanted to go on WCC,
couldn't go. So, the chess players of that nation lost money. Mr Kingston's
pressure on them was not in their interest. If somebody wants to read the
proper documents, he can see that all chess players could play on WCC., but
politicians manipulated them.

In this case media's pressure has only purpose to provoke conflict with
FIDE. But, everybody knows that the most powerful chess nation Russia and
other, like Ukraine, China, India, Hungary, Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia,
Bulgaria, Great Britain, etc. sent their chess players on WCC, or didn't
sent any complaint.
Kasparov didn't send any complaint, too.

Best Wishes to you,
Phil Innes

Best regards,
Goran Tomic