Old June 20th 04, 09:48 AM
NoMoreChess

Default GM Goran Tomic: Ace Internet Detective

..
Hot on the trails of various "spammers" and "cowardly anons," IGM (internet
grandmaster) Goran Tomic closes the net further with his intensive research
into the ratings databases of Atlanta, Georgia residents, such as "The Clown
from Atlanta," or Neil Brennen, as he is called in Pennsylvania, where it is
rumoured he has fled to escape the clutches of Ace Internet Detective, Goran
Tomic. But wait...

Could it be that the great genius/detective has slipped-up somewhere? Could
it be that maybe, just maybe, he has overlooked something which was right under
his very nose?

Alas, I feel compelled to put a halt to this snickering, this outright
mockery of our hero. Poor Goran Tomic is not a native English speaker, as we
all know. He struggles valliantly to find the evil "GM Loyd Turton," never
realizing that a Yellow Pages search for all the Turtons of Atlanta (wrong
city, wrong state) is a fruitless endeavor, and all the while his evil
adversaries are snickering at his efforts, knowing full well that the names
"Loyd" and "Turton" refer to famous chess problemists, not chess newsgroup
spammers. (sigh)

I feel sooo much better, now that I have leveled the playing field somewhat
-- effectively erasing some of the home-field advantage of the native English
speakers over one "misfortunate" Ace Internet Detective.

Just another day in the life of a newsgroup freedom-fighter....

(wrong century, wrong planet)

Beam me up, Scotty! There's no intellignet life down here.

Old June 20th 04, 04:29 PM
Doctor SBD

He is so clueless he cannot even pick up on direct clues and purposeful
screw-ups on the part of GMGorAnTomic. He just keeps citing the white pages
from Atlanta and now wants to write the USCF!

That was my favorite. Although communications have picked up in recent times
with USCF, hell, they hardly ever answer member's emails, let alone some
lunatic who can't figure out how he is being spoofed. And that such spoofing is
allowed and not forbidden by some law or even moral code. In fact, I think
restriction of free speech is not something this country tends to allow.

BTW, GMGorAnTomic wrote me again this morning and said he is retiring from the
newsgroup. He is very disappointed in all the Internet detectives who tried to
unearth his identity, finding them to be no more than class D players in the
game of textual analysis.

SBD
Old June 24th 04, 02:11 AM
StanB

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message

Poor Goran Tomic is not a native English speaker, as we
all know.

I'm not so sure.