Old June 21st 04, 03:06 AM
Chessdon

Default Visas at Tripoli

My understanding and belief is had Israeli players come they would have been
granted a visa BUT that other Israelis including wives of the players would not
be allowed. If this is the case then IMO, the World Championship venue is
racist driven and at the very least violates the spirit of the statutes.

Old June 21st 04, 07:29 AM
Tom Klem

So are we to assume, that Colonel Klink is enjoying Caviar and Rolex watches
in Tripoli?

--
Tom Klem

Perhaps the sentiments contained in these missives, are not
yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long
habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial
appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry
in defence (sic) of custom, But tumult soon subsides. Time
makes more converts than reason.---Thomas Paine