Old June 21st 04, 10:36 PM
ASCACHESS

Default USCF- One Short Step from White Hoods

Billy Holliday used to sing a song called "Strange Fruit" about the lynching of
young black men in the south.
A generation and a half after the advent of the civil rights movement, the
United States Chess Federation has backed an all non-Jew team participating in
a worldwide event where Jewish participation is restricted.
The host country, Libya, announced that the zionists were not welcome.
Later, it was said that Jews would be issued visas in Libya, but only the team
members.
This is the equivalent to inviting Jews worldwide to be the guests of honor at
a strange fruit orchard.

That the executive board allowed the USCF to select a team to go to the non-Jew
tournaments sends Rosa Parks to the back of the bus and unleashing attack dogs
on those who would protest for equal rights.
That our USCF President grew up in Chile under Pinochet without the benefit of
understanding basic civil rights which are the right of all people is readily
apparent.

I do not approve of Israel's policies towards the Palestinians, but that is not
the point here.
By allowing a part of humanity to be excluded from an international event
because of their race is a short step to racial cleansing.
We have the right to expect better from the Executive Board of the USCF.
Perhaps if they took off their white hoods, they could see things more clearly.

Richard Peterson
Old June 21st 04, 11:22 PM
Ray Gordon

So I take it you would not play Sun City either.

--
"I ain't gonna play Sun City" and the world's best chessplayers should not
play Libya, which banned the Israeli players from competing. Shame on the

Everything you need to know about women. FREE!

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library

http://www.cybersheet.com/hotties.html
Why Hotties Choose Losers