Old June 22nd 04, 03:13 AM
Parrthenon

Default FIDE Breaks It's Most Sacred Oath - RULE 1.2

GM Larry Evans and I have pointed out for years that there is NO RULE OF LAW IN
FIDE which routinely violates its own sacred charter.

Also read the statement by Mrs. Nahed Ojjeh, President of the NAO Chess Club
in France, who has more money than God.

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1733

Old June 22nd 04, 09:22 AM
Fifiela

Madame Nahed Ojjeh

Wow! A chess player (or at least an organizer), a Babe and I woman of
principal! I'm in Love!
Old June 22nd 04, 11:57 AM
Ray Gordon

Madame Nahed Ojjeh

Wow! A chess player (or at least an organizer), a Babe and I woman of
principal!

Freudian slip?

Old June 22nd 04, 03:50 PM
Bruce Leverett

(Parrthenon) wrote in message ...
GM Larry Evans and I have pointed out for years that there is NO RULE OF LAW IN
FIDE which routinely violates its own sacred charter.

Also read the statement by Mrs. Nahed Ojjeh, President of the NAO Chess Club
in France, who has more money than God.

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1733

A statement worth reading; thanks for posting this pointer.

Mrs. Ojjeh observes that (no less than) seven players of her Club are
playing in Libya; that is, she is in even deeper than USCF, so to
speak. She expresses "disappointment" at their decisions. I wonder
if that will have any consequences when they get home; my guess would
be, it won't.

And apparently, having more money than God isn't enough to organize an
Olympiad. Because organizing one would surely be more constructive
than leaving it to the Libyans and then complaining about it; and she
must surely understand that.