Old June 25th 04, 04:06 PM
Doctor SBD

Default Bobby Fischer is the greatest and he is playing today

George Orwell said:

Mr. Tomic, did he also give you a way of contacting him via either a
certain IM or GM on ICC, who seem to know if he is playing at a given time
and what his number is? Or do you watch him on

Believing that Goran Tomic has had any contact with Fischer beyond Goran's own
dreams, is, well, positively Orwellian.

SBD

Old June 25th 04, 04:29 PM
Chess One

Believing that Goran Tomic has had any contact with Fischer beyond Goran's

own
dreams, is, well, positively Orwellian.

'Orwellian' an odd word to use associated with 'dreams', and in this case so
is the word 'believing'. Anyone can believe whatever they wish, since it
refers to the critque of the receiver of information rather than the
transmitter of it.

You have only to think under what circumstances you would believe something
from a complete stranger to acknowledge the remark.

And, only incidentally, it is also untrue. Phil

SBD

Old June 25th 04, 05:03 PM
Doctor SBD

Phil, why don't you spend some time studying Orwell and the nature of beliefs
and trying to force those beliefs on others with a heavy hand, and you might
get the connection. What people *can* believe and what they *do* believe are
not synonymous, and this is one of the lessons Orwell has to teach us. Goran
is trying to bully us into believing he has some connection with Fischer. Was
Big Brother something of a bully? Did he try to force his will and beliefs on
the masses?

Or did you take your Orwell seriously and really now do believe that ignorance
is strength?

SBD
Old June 25th 04, 05:14 PM
Goran Tomic

"Chess One" wrote in message
news

Believing that Goran Tomic has had any contact with Fischer beyond

Goran's
own
dreams, is, well, positively Orwellian.

'Orwellian' an odd word to use associated with 'dreams', and in this case

so
is the word 'believing'. Anyone can believe whatever they wish, since it
refers to the critque of the receiver of information rather than the
transmitter of it.

You have only to think under what circumstances you would believe

something
from a complete stranger to acknowledge the remark.

And, only incidentally, it is also untrue. Phil

SBD

On ICC
zpx (3084) vs. guest212

Unrated blitz match, initial time: 3 minutes, increment: 0 seconds
# zpx guest212
1. e4 (0:02) f5 (0:06)
2. exf5 (0:08) Nf6 (0:03)
3. g4 (0:03) e6 (0:01)
4. g5 (0:01) Nd5 (0:01)
5. Qh5+ (0:02) Ke7 (0:01)
6. Nc3 (0:06) Qe8 (0:01)
7. Nxd5+ (0:05) exd5 (0:00)
8. Qf3 (0:06) Kd8+ (0:03)
9. Kd1 (0:01) Bc5 (0:01)
10. Qxd5 (0:04) d6 (0:01)
11. Nf3 (0:01) Rf8 (0:01)
12. d4 (0:07) Rxf5 (0:02)
13. Qb3 (0:01) Bb6 (0:01)
14. Be2 (0:03) Nc6 (0:01)
15. Be3 (0:01) Be6 (0:01)
16. Qd3 (0:04) Nb4 (0:02)
17. Qd2 (0:02) Nxa2 (0:01)
18. c4 (0:06) Qa4+ (0:01)
19. Qc2 (0:02) Nc3+ (0:05)
20. bxc3 (0:13) ...
20. ... Qxa1+ (0:00)
21. Bc1 (0:00) a6 (0:03)
22. Re1 (0:14) Rf8 (0:01)
23. d5 (0:12) Bf5 (0:08)
24. Bd3 (0:14) Bg4 (0:01)
{White resigns} 0-1

Old June 25th 04, 05:16 PM
Goran Tomic

"Doctor SBD" wrote in message

I found very interesting site:
http://www.dowd.co.uk/modules.php?op...ewthread &tid
=58

Regards,
Goran Tomic

Old June 25th 04, 05:45 PM
Doctor SBD

I found very interesting site:
http://www.dowd.co.uk/modules.php?op...ewthread &tid
=58

Regards,
Goran Tomic

This is a chess newsgroup. If you can't even follow your own moral blather, and
not post non-chess related material, why would anyone take you seriously?

SBD
Old June 25th 04, 05:54 PM
Chess One

"Doctor SBD" wrote in message
Phil, why don't you spend some time studying Orwell and the nature of

beliefs
and trying to force those beliefs on others with a heavy hand, and you

might
get the connection. What people *can* believe and what they *do* believe

are
not synonymous, and this is one of the lessons Orwell has to teach us.

I did read all 4 vols last year. But I think you snipped my post which had
to do with the believer, not the teller.

Goran
is trying to bully us into believing he has some connection with Fischer.

Maybe? But I was writing with Goran before he wrote here, so perhaps I know
something different than you do? From what is written here who could say? -
after all, what criteria do you have for believing or not believing? That is
something about you, not someone else.

And who would entrust a confidant who grandstanded on account of the
contact?

Fischer is obviously a very famous person and values his private life. Did
you really think that someone who doesn't see the need to write under his
own name would get a reply? [lol]

Was
Big Brother something of a bully? Did he try to force his will and beliefs

on
the masses?

Or did you take your Orwell seriously and really now do believe that

ignorance
is strength?

That would be a shallow appreciation of 1984 which had as much to do with
people's brutality toward one another and in their willing acceptance of
propaganda instead of anything their own. Orwell himself sourced his own
inspiration for the novel to a Russian, one Zamyatin, who wrote "We" which
incidentally was repressed in the UK and the USA in 1942 unless it upset
Uncle Joe.

Everyone casts a shadow, no?

Cordially, Phil

BTW, what is amiss with having a contact with Fischer?

SBD

Old June 25th 04, 06:50 PM
Ken Albin

"Goran Tomic" wrote in message
"Chess One" wrote in message
news

[...]

There's only two problems with this.
1) I seriously doubt that Fischer would play such a half-assed opening, even
blitz. In his earlier blitz games he still played fairly normal openings.
2) Fischer specifically SAID that he doesn't play on the internet during a
radio interview.

Ken Albin

Old June 25th 04, 08:32 PM
Goran Tomic

"Doctor SBD" wrote in message
I found very interesting site:

http://www.dowd.co.uk/modules.php?op...iewthread &ti

=58

Regards,
Goran Tomic

The same person (Neil Brennen) sent the same text to my Guest book, (with
different names) but I deleted it instantly.

Old June 25th 04, 08:53 PM
Doctor SBD

The same person (Neil Brennen) sent the same text to my Guest book, (with
different names) but I deleted it instantly.

This makes no sense whatsoever, but what did I expect?

SBD