Old June 25th 04, 07:38 PM
Ray Gordon

Default Nakamura advances in "Sun City Open"

Great playing by him, too bad it's in this tournament.

--
"I ain't gonna play Sun City" and the world's best chessplayers should not
play Libya, which banned the Israeli players from competing. Shame on the

Everything you need to know about women. FREE!

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library

http://www.cybersheet.com/hotties.html
Why Hotties Choose Losers

http://www.cybersheet.com/6/ubb.x
The Seduction Library Forum

Old June 27th 04, 08:43 PM
David Bohm

Why shame on the Americans that went? Why not shame on everyone that went?
Why single out the Americans that went?

David Bohm

Old June 27th 04, 08:52 PM
ASCACHESS

Why shame on the Americans that went? Why not shame on everyone that went?
Why single out the Americans that went?

David Bohm

Shame on everyone that went.

Rp
Old June 27th 04, 10:04 PM
LeModernCaveman

Why shame on the Americans that went? Why not shame on everyone that went?
Why single out the Americans that went?

I'm an American.

I can't speak for the politics of other nations.

If I were to join a chess federation, I would join USCF.

Old June 27th 04, 10:42 PM
John Fernandez

So, let's see.

Hikaru got a chance to play 4 matches with the World's #8, #33, #66 and #75
players, beating 3 of them.

He also got a nice paycheck for around $17,600.

He also gained 13.6 Elo points in the process, propelling his rating from 2598
(on the next list) to 2612, which will place him in the World's top 100.

And you'd have offered? Oh, right. Nothing.

John Fernandez

Old June 27th 04, 11:00 PM
David Bohm

My point was not about if anyone should have gone or not. My point was why
single out shame on Americans. In fact, with the information I have read I
do not see too big of a problem. The latest information I have is that the
players from all countries could have gone and played. It is only friends,
relatives and trainers of those players that might not have been allowed to
enter the country. Although this might be a small hardship for the players,
those players were still allowed to go and to participate in the
competition. This should be about chess not about world politics.

I am mostly agreeing with your position on this John.

David Bohm

Old June 27th 04, 11:02 PM
Wickdeer3

John Fernandez wrote:

So, let's see.

Hikaru got a chance to play 4 matches with the World's #8, #33, #66 and #75
players, beating 3 of them.

He also got a nice paycheck for around $17,600.

He also gained 13.6 Elo points in the process, propelling his rating from
2598
(on the next list) to 2612, which will place him in the World's top 100.

And you'd have offered? Oh, right. Nothing.

John Fernandez

From a chess standpoint, it's been wonderful.

But a "world championship" that excludes jews will always be tainted on any
number of levels.

Wick Deer
Old June 27th 04, 11:42 PM
ASCACHESS

John Fernandez wrote:

So, let's see.

Hikaru got a chance to play 4 matches with the World's #8, #33, #66 and #75
players, beating 3 of them.

He also got a nice paycheck for around $17,600.

He also gained 13.6 Elo points in the process, propelling his rating from
2598
(on the next list) to 2612, which will place him in the World's top 100.

And you'd have offered? Oh, right. Nothing.

John Fernandez

From a chess standpoint, it's been wonderful.

But a "world championship" that excludes jews will always be tainted on any
number of levels.

Wick Deer

John's favorite Olympic games were in 1936 except for that interloper, Jesse
Owens.

Old June 28th 04, 12:19 AM
John Fernandez

But a "world championship" that excludes jews will always be tainted on any
number of levels.

Wick Deer

Jews weren't excluded. In fact, quite a few Jews played.

John Fernandez
Old June 28th 04, 12:28 AM
Neil Brennen

"John Fernandez" wrote in message
So, let's see.

Hikaru got a chance to play 4 matches with the World's #8, #33, #66 and

players, beating 3 of them.

He also got a nice paycheck for around $17,600.

He also gained 13.6 Elo points in the process, propelling his rating from

2598
(on the next list) to 2612, which will place him in the World's top 100.

And you'd have offered? Oh, right. Nothing.

John Fernandez

And the ends justify the means? I had thought better of you, John.

Neil Brennen
Currently listening to:
J. S. Bach: Cantata #211, "Coffee Cantata"
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Lisa Otto;
Karl Forster/Berliner Philharmoniker