Old June 29th 04, 05:21 AM
John Fernandez

Default Vadim Milov Speaks Out On Racism !!

Subject: Vadim Milov Speaks Out On Racism !!
From: "Bugsy"
Date: 6/28/2004 6:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time
http://chess-players.org/eng/news/vi...le.html?id=169

Vadim Milov: I'm going to sue Fide for failing to fullfil their obligations
and for forcing me to miss the World Championship!
ACP Board [Sat Jun 26th, 01:20]

Dear chess colleagues,

Although I signed the contract and agreed to play in the World Championship
in Libya, I was excluded from this tournament only because of my possession
of the Israeli passport. Fide has done everything possible for me to miss
this tournament. They sent me the invitation too late (on Friday 18th of
June), which was the arrival day and I already physically couldn't get the
plane to Tripoli.

I think all chessplayers have had enough of Fide's lies. I'm going to sue
Fide for failing to fullfil their obligations and for forcing me to miss the
World Championship.

Vadim Milov
Biel, Switzerland
June 25th, 2004

Not the first time Milov has been troubled by problems - he arrived late for
the 1999 Vegas KO due to a similar snafu.

John Fernandez
Old June 29th 04, 11:19 AM
Jerzy

"John Fernandez" wrote in message

Not the first time Milov has been troubled by problems - he arrived late

for
the 1999 Vegas KO due to a similar snafu.

If it were true what you had written here then all FIDE Top10 players would
play in Tripoli but it`s not the case. I`m curious why Kasparov is silent on
exclusion of Israeli players from present FIDE KO WCC. My guess is that his
conformism is the reason. As we all know "pecunia non olet".

Regards,
Jerzy

Old June 29th 04, 11:56 AM
John Fernandez

Jerzy wrote:

If it were true what you had written here then all FIDE Top10 players would
play in Tripoli but it`s not the case.

Uh, no they wouldn't.

John Fernandez
Old June 29th 04, 12:14 PM
Jerzy

"John Fernandez" wrote in message
If it were true what you had written here then all FIDE Top10 players

would
play in Tripoli but it`s not the case.

Uh, no they wouldn't.

You may be right as far as Kasparov is concerned. He prefers to meet FIDE
challenger being in a favourable position like Karpov vs. Anand.

What about anti-Jewish character of the championships ? No comments ?

Regards,
Jerzy

Old June 29th 04, 12:44 PM
John Fernandez

You may be right as far as Kasparov is concerned. He prefers to meet FIDE
challenger being in a favourable position like Karpov vs. Anand.

No, he has a contract where he plays the winner. It has nothing to do with what
he prefers.

What about anti-Jewish character of the championships ? No comments ?

Sadly, typical of all Arab countries.

John Fernandez

Old June 29th 04, 01:05 PM
Jerzy

"John Fernandez" wrote in message
You may be right as far as Kasparov is concerned. He prefers to meet FIDE
challenger being in a favourable position like Karpov vs. Anand.

No, he has a contract where he plays the winner. It has nothing to do with

what
he prefers.

Yes he has a deal with Ilyumzhinov and he prefers to stick to it. However he
could, in theory, participate in the championship as all other top players.
The fact is that the overwhelming majority of top players didn`t take part
in it.

What about anti-Jewish character of the championships ? No comments ?

Sadly, typical of all Arab countries.

So you admit that the championship is of anti-Jewish (racist) character and
you can`t see any FIDE rules broken ?

Regards,
Jerzy

Old June 29th 04, 11:42 PM
John Fernandez

Jerzy wrote:

Yes he has a deal with Ilyumzhinov and he prefers to stick to it.

Actually, he has a deal with Kirsan, Kramnik, Leko, Seirawan, Kok and Orlov.

And last I checked, Kramnik and Leko are also sticking to it.

However he
could, in theory, participate in the championship as all other top players.

He could, sure.

The fact is that the overwhelming majority of top players didn`t take part
in it.

Practically all of the top 10 had already missed OTHER events, like Anand in
Vegas, Kramnik in New Delhi, Moro in Vegas, Polgar in New Delhi, etc.

Also, it depends on how you define 'top'. After all, a majority of the World's
Top 100 WAS there.

So you admit that the championship is of anti-Jewish (racist) character

No, I admit that the country is of anti-Jewish character.

and
you can`t see any FIDE rules broken ?

No FIDE rules were broken. Libya didn't have to admit the accompanying persons.

John Fernandez
Old June 30th 04, 08:22 AM
Jerzy

"John Fernandez" wrote in message

The fact is that the overwhelming majority of top players didn`t take

part
in it.

Practically all of the top 10 had already missed OTHER events, like Anand

in
Vegas, Kramnik in New Delhi, Moro in Vegas, Polgar in New Delhi, etc.

Also, it depends on how you define 'top'. After all, a majority of the

World's
Top 100 WAS there.

I wrote about the majority of top10 players who were missing from the event.
Anyway, it`s a curious situation where all previous FIDE champions are
missing from the FIDE championship.

So you admit that the championship is of anti-Jewish (racist) character

No, I admit that the country is of anti-Jewish character.

and
you can`t see any FIDE rules broken ?

No FIDE rules were broken. Libya didn't have to admit the accompanying

persons.

I mean FIDE has broken its own rules not Libya that is obviously an
anti-Jewish country as you admitted.

Regards,
Jerzy

Old June 30th 04, 11:00 AM
John Fernandez

I mean FIDE has broken its own rules not Libya that is obviously an
anti-Jewish country as you admitted.

Regards,
Jerzy

How? Which one?

If there was some outright banning of Milov, then yes. Right now I see no
evidence of this. Milov claimed similar snafus in Las Vegas. I'm honestly not
sure WHO I believe.

John Fernandez
Old June 30th 04, 02:49 PM
Jerzy

"John Fernandez" wrote in message

How? Which one?

Here you are :
So you admit that the championship is of anti-Jewish (racist) character

(Jerzy)

No, I admit that the country is of anti-Jewish character. (John

Fernandez)

If there was some outright banning of Milov, then yes. Right now I see no
evidence of this. Milov claimed similar snafus in Las Vegas. I'm honestly

not
sure WHO I believe.

If FIDE failed to send the invitation to Milov right in time then the case
is really simple.

I don`t know exactly what happened in KO WCC in Vegas but AFAIR Milov
managed to play there so your comparison isn`t very accurate.
Here is an article on it :
http://chesscolumn.20m.com/1999/99aug13.html
"Out of the 72 players who were scheduled to contest the first round, three
players failed to show up. The Iranian IM Amir Bagheri and Syrian IM Imad
Hakki fell foul of visa problems while Switzerland's Vadim Milov, who was
under the impression that he did not have to arrive until Aug 3 and was
still playing in a Swiss tournament, also did not show up for the first
game. Milov subsequently arrived in time for the second game and on appeal,
won the right to play his first game on the day set aside for playoffs."

Sure there were also absent Zsuzsa Polgar and Anatoli Karpov who had sued
FIDE before the WCC in Vegas.

Regards.,
Jerzy