Old July 9th 04, 06:30 PM
Louis Blair

Default July 20th is not far off.

Anyone have any last-minute comments on the
USCF executive board candidates?
Old July 9th 04, 06:34 PM
Matt Nemmers

"Louis Blair" wrote in message
om...
Anyone have any last-minute comments on the
USCF executive board candidates?

I'm voting for Bauer and Praeder.

Regards,

Matt

Old July 10th 04, 04:29 AM
TheBOBSFan

"Nick" wrote in message om...

When I read the heading, "July 20th...", my first impression (as a historian)
was that someone could be attempting to make an analogy between the election
for the USCF Executive Board and Count von Stauffenberg's failed attempt to
assassinate Hitler on 20 July 1944. What ever happened to Karl Hanke, the
last Reichsfuehrer-SS, who disappeared at the end of the war? :-)

--Nick

I thought of 1969.

TBF
currently listening to
Slow Down, Krishna from Shut up and Sing

Old July 10th 04, 04:59 AM
HAASpittle

I'm voting for Bauer and Praeder. (Matt)
===========
My two favorites are Vigo brand Cuban black bean soup mix and Save-A-Lot's
Kaylor Farms premium butter pecan ice cream ($2.79 half gallon).

Old Haasie

Old July 10th 04, 05:59 PM
Liam Too

"TheBOBSFan" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Nick" wrote in message

om...

When I read the heading, "July 20th...", my first impression (as a

historian)
was that someone could be attempting to make an analogy between the

election
for the USCF Executive Board and Count von Stauffenberg's failed attempt

assassinate Hitler on 20 July 1944. What ever happened to Karl Hanke,

the
last Reichsfuehrer-SS, who disappeared at the end of the war? :-)

--Nick

I thought of 1969.

TBF

"That's one small step for ... man, one giant leap for mankind,"

I think he meant to say "That's one small step for a man," as stated in a
prose from a playground game. But who cares, on July 20, 1969 one of the
most famous sentences of the 20th century was said.

Lance