Old July 16th 04, 04:06 AM
HAASpittle

Default Fischer Situation

Under the current circumstances, does Fischer face extradition to the United
States?

RSHaas
Old July 16th 04, 04:51 AM
John Fernandez

A bilateral extradition treaty went into effect between the US and Japan in
1980.

John Fernandez
Old July 16th 04, 05:19 AM
Ken Albin

"HAASpittle" wrote
Under the current circumstances, does Fischer face extradition to the

United
States?

RSHaas

I don't know how true this is, but when I asked the guys on FICS tonight one
person said that Japan does not have an extradition treaty. If this is true,
it begs the question "what are they planning on doing with him?".
Interesting situation. Hopefully we will get more information on it soon.

Ken Albin

Old July 16th 04, 03:53 PM
Angelo DePalma

I didn't think most countries extradited individuals for tax or political
crimes. The 1992 ban was at best stupid, at worst politically motivated.

You'll know something is rotten if he's brought back here on some trumped up
security or 9/11-related premise. Seems like that's become the nether-world
of due process. We could see Bobby hand- and foot-shackled, hooded, hunched
over. I wonder how he looks in orange? If his post-9/11 comments are entered
as evidence they could convict him of anything.

What he really needs is a good selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor, or
maybe an anti-psychotic.

adp

Old July 16th 04, 06:11 PM
Fifiela

What he really needs is a good selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor, or
maybe an anti-psychotic.

Yes
Old July 16th 04, 07:08 PM
KidDon

"Ken Albin" wrote in message news:[email protected]
"HAASpittle" wrote
Under the current circumstances, does Fischer face extradition to the

United
States?

RSHaas

I don't know how true this is, but when I asked the guys on FICS tonight one
person said that Japan does not have an extradition treaty. If this is true,
it begs the question "what are they planning on doing with him?".
Interesting situation. Hopefully we will get more information on it soon.

Ken Albin

________________________________

A bilateral extradition treaty between Japan and the U.S. went into
effect in 1980. Japan has extradited 31 people to the United States
under the treaty -- including eight Japanese citizens. Japan will only
send its citizens to face charges abroad if they have been accused of
acts that are also illegal in Japan. I do not believe the Mr. Fischer
has attained citizenship in Japan, so the odds of him being
extradicted are greater than if he were a citizen of Japan.

Kiddon
Old July 17th 04, 01:30 AM
StanB

"HAASpittle" wrote in message

Under the current circumstances, does Fischer face extradition to the

United
States?

Why not ask Kevin? He's an authority on everything.

Old July 17th 04, 01:30 AM
Tom Klem

Angelo,

Since you have stated your disdain for Stan Vaughan because La Caissa Nostra
said he broke some Chess rules, I hardly understand your position on this
issue.

Isn't the law, really the law?

Oh, but it's different if it's your hero? Isn't it?

--
Tom Klem

"La Caissa Nostra, that disgusting old gang of bigots and hate mongers."

Old July 17th 04, 01:55 AM
StanB

"Fifiela" wrote in message

What he really needs is a good selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor,

or
maybe an anti-psychotic.

Yes

At the very least an enema.