PDA

View Full Version : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

  1. Re: Lombardy Dead
  2. Re: My new book about Howard Staunton
  3. Re: My new book about Howard Staunton
  4. Candidates' Quiz
  5. Anand wins Tal
  6. Twinmove Chess - a double-move variant that really works
  7. The Classified Encyclopedia of Chess Variants
  8. Blitz(en) away
  9. Two Chess Quotes
  10. Tarrasch and Tartakower
  11. Child Prodigy defeats World Champion.
  12. Web Site Update
  13. Red and Black
  14. Dukes Chess
  15. Worst. Chess. Variant. Idea. EVER!
  16. Back to Life: A damning review
  17. Chess Font Information
  18. Re: Lombardy Dead
  19. Chess Elo Calculator(App)
  20. Re: Diarchic Chess
  21. Where can I download the games from Tarrasch's 300 games book?
  22. What is more difficult, mating with bishop and horse, or winning withqueen against rook?
  23. Blockula Chess
  24. What happened to the Yugoslav Chess Team??
  25. Fide-chess 2.0
  26. The Chessplayer's Style
  27. Re: Program to solve Queens Puzzle, win $1 mn
  28. Re: Fundamental Chess Endings to pgn project
  29. Relocation variants - rearranging the initial array
  30. Barefoot GM?
  31. Chess
  32. Hardware: how does spyware work? At a chess board?
  33. Interesting Interview with Chess Master
  34. Sensational News: A previously unknown woman is on the brink ofwinning the World Open Chess Championship.
  35. Re: Checkless chess
  36. The Flanders Panel
  37. A Short, 17-move Draw.
  38. Smyslov Botvinnik rematch question
  39. An Interview with Spassky
  40. Grenke
  41. Puzzle
  42. A COMPLETE RECORD OF ALL CHESS CHESS GAMES EVER PLAYED
  43. US Championship
  44. The desiccation resulting from opening science
  45. How to tackle the draw problem
  46. Re: Hey Sam Sloan!
  47. The first release of CGR is there!
  48. Re: The REAL Sam Sloan REALLY lambasted by the REAL Edward Winter forFAKE book!!
  49. Stalemate counts as a draw?
  50. Adjustment to the way the piece drop rule is enforced
  51. Re: Backgammon Tactics by Harold Thorne Review by Sam Sloan
  52. Magnus Carlsen
  53. Goodbye Steel
  54. E. M. Antonionadi
  55. London Chess Classic 2016
  56. Proposed Change to WCh by Susan Polgar
  57. A Defeat Which Could Not Be Forgotten
  58. how did you proceed with the move ?
  59. management
  60. Next world championship
  61. W CH goes to tiebreakers
  62. Incredible chess lookalike
  63. Mark Taimanov
  64. Updated Version of Random Variant Chess
  65. Not interesting enough WCh as platform for cheszzzzzzz
  66. wolrd champ game 5 in progress
  67. World Chess Champion has played the Trump Attack
  68. 73rd World Chess Championship, Carlsen v Karjakin
  69. Two McFarland books
  70. Relocation (swap) chess
  71. Hou Yifan -- Nigel Short prize money?
  72. Lasker Schlechter +2 clause.
  73. Millionaire chess
  74. Touch Move Rule in Chinese Chess
  75. Touchmove blunders -- etiquette
  76. Re: US chess star won't go to championships in Iran: 'I will NOT weara hijab'
  77. My Experience at ICC
  78. The meaning of a "forced move"
  79. Announcing future mates
  80. Harikrishna v Karjakin 1-0, inspires divisive comments
  81. 1)...e6
  82. 1)...d6
  83. Versatile Pawn
  84. Somebody Finally Said Something Nice About Chess Players
  85. We all know Kasparov is still a world-class blitz player but is hisopening play a strength or a weakness?
  86. Paul Truong of Cambodia made member of FIDE media body
  87. Bulgaria Expelled from FIDE, the World Chess Federation, Conditionally
  88. Kosovo* admitted to membership in FIDE, the World Chess Federation
  89. Construction problem
  90. Brilliant finish by Carlsen against So in Paris blitz
  91. Playing higher rated opponents
  92. World Championship in NY City
  93. AS ABOVE SO BELOW Smyslov versus Anand
  94. Alexander Best Game Prize British Chess Championships 2016
  95. Why not let Mickey Adams play another GM in his final round?
  96. Effect of computer cheating scandals on blitz chess
  97. Re: Chesscafé?! -+
  98. Sam Sloan Games in the 2016 World Open
  99. Havana 1966, from Europe Echecs
  100. Sam Sloan gives Simultaneous Chess Exhibition
  101. Sam Sloan Candidate for US Congress plays Chinese Chess in Chinatownin New York City
  102. ChessBase 13 update question
  103. Opening novelty by Maxime Vachier-Lagrave involving Rg1.
  104. Too True!
  105. Re: VIKTOR L KORTSCHNOI DEAD
  106. Human-unfriendly chess software
  107. Pawn promotion
  108. Re: Bohatirchuk: personal memories of Efim Bogoljubov
  109. Re: VIKTOR L KORTSCHNOI DEAD
  110. Recent Jeopardy! chess clue
  111. Is this the easiest way to deliver checkmate with King + bishop + knight vs. King
  112. Does Karjakin have a chance against Carlsen?
  113. Suggestios for Black responses against 1.e4 and 1.d4
  114. Re: Staunton Chess Set and Freemasonry
  115. Online cheater allowed to play in FIDE tournaments
  116. Miles against Ligterink
  117. Re: chess rating vs. IQ - why geniuses lose to idiots
  118. The maturational effect of board games
  119. Peter Svidler
  120. GLC Chess Tournament, March 1986
  121. The blitz event in St Louis
  122. Re: chess rating vs. IQ - why geniuses lose to idiots
  123. US Championship
  124. Karjakin withdraws from Norway.
  125. Study with ASA my chess coach on the streets of 42 nd street NY, NY
  126. Watson brothers?
  127. Re: What is the real name of Mark Houlsby ?
  128. Carlsen - Karjakin
  129. With Fritz 15 how do I print a game with notation
  130. Re: Short-Cheparinov Corus 2008
  131. Opening Monographs -- The Schliemann Var of the Ruy -- Florian
  132. Re: Solution Manual and Test Bank ( 2013 -2014 )
  133. German Chess Magazines
  134. HA. HA. haaaaa... GO busted. Google DeepMind AlphaGo beats LeeSe-dol in game 1
  135. [DGT users] interesting project
  136. Re: Sam Sloan for President TV Ad on Youtube
  137. Opening Monographs
  138. The Big Yerm
  139. James Russell Lowell's Poem about Morphy, 1859
  140. You make the call
  141. Judit Polgar on BBC
  142. Nigalidze punished
  143. Re: World Championship of Chinese Chess, Round 5
  144. Two Aged Masters in Trouble
  145. 1358 rated price gouger arrested
  146. Magnus Carlsen
  147. First steps towards my goal of reaching an Expert rating.
  148. New James Bond film has a chess scene
  149. You folks ever see this famous game?
  150. Re: First All-Far-Eastern SuperGM Tournament
  151. FIDE-Database
  152. Re: Strongest Blitz Players You've Seen Personally
  153. Re: Hikaru Nakamura, age 10, scores 2450 performance at Chicago Open
  154. Re: Strongest Blitz Players You've Seen Personally
  155. Emory A Tate
  156. Chess classified as not a sport in England.
  157. What's going on with FICS?
  158. Re: The King's Pawn--chess film on Vimeo
  159. Morozevich
  160. The Incredible Story of Chess Master Julius Finn
  161. I was a victim of chess censorship
  162. Relocation variants--better than Chess960
  163. Mate in 3 from my game tonight.
  164. The impact of chess play on developing meta-cognitive ability
  165. Sam Sloan's Review of the Movie Pawn Sacrifice
  166. After over 10 years of inactivity, I might return to tournament chess...
  167. Some odd facts about the Chess Grand Tour
  168. Re: Giri's sense of humour
  169. Grandelius-Krivstsev
  170. Johannesburg 1981; what was FIDE's position?
  171. World Championship of Chinese Chess, Round 8 in Munich Germany
  172. Can You Identify The GM?
  173. chess image
  174. Leonard Barden: the low point of my chess career
  175. Chess Statue
  176. 3rd Sinquefield Cup 2015
  177. A year ago: the FID… Veterans support prgramme
  178. One match destroyed them
  179. Lecho v LiChao
  180. Re: The birth of a brand new opening: Chithambaram's Attack
  181. Fortean Times Article about Kirsan
  182. Leko: What are his chances?
  183. As above, so below...
  184. Which is stronger, USA or Russia?
  185. Chess Comet Smyslov
  186. Russian Ch
  187. Caruana the new champ!
  188. Fischer's rating in 1992
  189. Gelfand's assault on the world title
  190. British Championship results
  191. Re: New Composed Chess Endgame Problems Site
  192. London Chess Classic to be a Category 22 event, av. 2791 rating
  193. CHESS-L
  194. Walter Shawn Browne and his "Romantic Interlude"
  195. Why newsgroups die or why they live
  196. One less mistake in the Pelikan
  197. remarkable endgame
  198. DRAGON game problem
  199. The Sloan-Brock Grudge Match, 2005. The anniversary approaches
  200. A Chess Puzzle. I don't know the answer
  201. Kramnik on his great predecessors by Offramp.
  202. In warfare, the arms aren't always positioned in the same way from the outset
  203. Making PGN files
  204. Re: Vishwanathan Anand finishes second in Shamkir Chess tourney
  205. today's problem
  206. Part of Gashimov Memorial contract
  207. Internet chess.
  208. Saving PGN files on the web
  209. in the last 10 years ... Are top pro chess players making less money ?
  210. Gaioz Nigalidze, Twice Georgian Champion, Caught Cheating
  211. Wesley So?
  212. Lasker and Lasker
  213. Planet Karpov
  214. Gata Kamsky
  215. Nakamura - Akobian
  216. Re: Here's Mikey!!!
  217. Sam Sloan, there is a hole in trap 192 of the book "Winning ChessTraps" by Irving Chernev.
  218. Re: fantasy chess
  219. Claiming a draw
  220. My Games from the 40th Peoples Tournament
  221. Chessbase interview with Karpov
  222. Why I called Narciso Rabell Mendez a "comlete nut"?
  223. outbooking ??
  224. 4502 Solutions for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Books
  225. Fatherless chess players...
  226. Dynamic Scoring Simplified
  227. Games in the Golden Gate Open January 18-19, 2015
  228. Caption Competition #35: It's Soccerball!
  229. Re: Chess books for learner?
  230. Gibraltar Games
  231. Re: Rooks and Towers / Why President Bush refused to play chess ...
  232. KG Variation
  233. Rinvolucri beats an IM in a 4NCL game
  234. 77th Tata Steel Chess Tournament: 9 - 25 January 2015 in Wijk aan Zee
  235. Hasting 2014/15
  236. Re: Magnus Carlsen - Viswanathan Anand 2014 Re-Match for the WorldChess Championship new book published today
  237. Pan Am
  238. London Chess Classic - Games
  239. Re: Rooks and Towers / Why President Bush refused to play chess ...
  240. Re: Appellants Brief in Sloan vs New York State Board of Elections CaseNo. 14-3342 United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
  241. Russian Championship Superfinal
  242. who is better
  243. The origins of modern chess: Renaissance Europe
  244. Re: World Chess Championship: Anand, the nice guy who finished first
  245. Carlsen Anand W CH Games
  246. World Chess Championship: Anand, the nice guy who finished first
  247. Re: Chess books for learner?
  248. Endgames on larger boards
  249. Re: Chess books for learner?
  250. Java chess board?