Old January 13th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Best portable or handheld chess game?

I am new to Chess and would like to have a small portable game to take
with me when I go places that I have time to play the game, such as
waiting at the doctor's office.

As I said, I am new to Chess, so I would like one that maybe has
different strength levels and other things, maybe a "coach" that could
help me play better.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark
Old January 17th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

There are a number of options open to you. If you carry a PDA or smart phone
running Palm OS or Windows Mobile, you have several chess programs you can
buy. Typically these have much richer graphics than a stand-alone LCD chess
game, and still come with all the advanced features.

Otherwise, if you are looking for a pocket stand-alone electronic chess
game, check out the various models at the Chesshouse:

http://www.chesshouse.com/electronic...hess_s/104.htm

Note that I am not affiliated with The Chesshouse in any way, and the link
is only meant to be illustrative of the various solutions available.

Mike

that is chess .